The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Pushead

It's all good. 2014 model.

James R.

Thanks appreciate it!!!!...they had it listed as a 2015 but the numbers seemed off....

isidor29400

Hi,

The seller sold me this guitar as a 2017 custom shop model but the serial number says the opposite.
can you explain to me according to the number of serie where this guitar comes from?

An idea about it?

Reseller Caracteristic:

ESP ECLIPSE 2017 SNOW WHITE

- Electric guitar 6 strings

- Les Paul Form

- Made in JAPAN! Custom Shop model

- Mahogany body

- Maple table -

-Med neck mahogany 3 parts

- Ebony touch

- Microphones 2 double EMG 81 windings (bridge) & 60 (neck)

- Controls: 2 volumes, 1 tone, slecteur 3 positions

- Gotoh Mechanics

- Black hardware

- Snow white color

- Book in ESP case

Pushead

Looks to be an Original Series Eclipse (or MA as they're often called in Japan). 2015 model.

The 2 at the end signifies that it's an Original Series (so does the decal on the back), which as best as anyone can tell was built by the people in the Custom Shop using basically standard options. The reverse 7 ply binding was a nice touch on the guitar.

It's among the finest guitars ESP makes. Congratulations! It's killer looking.

The pickups are definitely not an EMG 81/60 combo. They're more likely the 57/66 combo (or possibly a Het Set.)

isidor29400
Pushead wrote:

The reverse 7 ply binding was a nice touch on the guitar.

what is this?

isidor29400
Pushead wrote:

The pickups are definitely not an EMG 81/60 combo. They're more likely the 57/66 combo (or possibly a Het Set.)

On espguitars.co.jp website, I found the information for the guitar.

Pickups are JH Set.

Last question, do I have to automatically have an ESP certificate of authenticity for the purchase of a ESP originl serie?

I just received the guitar from an official dealer but I have no certificate of authenticity with it.

Pushead
isidor29400 wrote:

The reverse 7 ply binding was a nice touch on the guitar.

what is this?

Black binding on the outside instead of the white binding.

I don't know if it should come with a COA, I'd ask your dealer and see if they might have forgotten to include it.

isidor29400

There is no doubt to have with this model, the photos are unequivocal. It's a fake.

Pushead

Super fake. But you should be able to tell that by the price.

Pik Nik

Hi all,

an Eclipse (or not?) from 2004. What do you guys think, is it legit?

Thanks in advance!

Nik

Pik Nik

More pics

Pushead

The Eclipse is good. 2004 model. At that point in time, I believe all of the Eclipse models (except maybe Custom Shop) were 4 knob. Around 2005 they stopped importing the 4 knob variant into North America and re-introduced the 3 knob layout. You could still get the 4 knob layout in Europe, Asia and Australia through around 2012, but the 3 knob had pretty much taken over.

Pik Nik
Pushead wrote:

The Eclipse is good. 2004 model.

I am happy to hear that! I've just bought the guitar. Thanks a lot, Pushead!

Jeff H.

Is it Legit?

Pushead

Looks pretty good to me.

Post to Thread