The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Rory M.

Tell me about it pushead sorry can't find where to post this I wanna know if good or not

Pushead

Hi Rory, It's a legit 2013 E-II Eclipse. The 13 model year was the first for the E-II name (and the only year for LTD Elite) so the markings on the front of the head stock are different. (2014 and beyond do not say "Standard" below the E-II and there is a diamond design to replace the EC-II).

I like the color. Congratulations!

Rory M.

Thank you sorry for all the posts man I appreciate it I bought it for 2500 nz I'm only 17 n I have a black star ht metal 60 amp with a Maxon od808 overdrive n a delay pedal

Robin S.

Something similar, in 2013 as well with 'EC-II' instead of diamond. Reason I'm doubting is past couple years a bunch of sellers sold them claiming NOS and I couldn't find anything on the EC-II designation. 

Pushead

The 2018 models (starting in late 2017) have replaced the 12th fret inlay with the model name with a regular flag and have put the model name on the truss rod cover. The guitar looks to be legit.

John Carlo

Hi, can you please tell me if this viper 50 is legit. Thank you.

Pushead

It's legit, a 2006 model. But based on the looks, I'd get a tetanus shot before trying to play it. That's some serious grime on the finger board.

John Carlo

@pushead. Thank ypu for the info. i bought this from someone who does not used this anymore. I trying to find sometjme to bring it to a luthier near my place to for a set up

daniel m.

Hi, is this real?

New to ESP, so any info would be helpful

cheers!

Pushead

I've never seen one like this before. But based on the serial number and what I can see on the COA, I'm pretty confident it's legit. The serial number shows it's a 2011 guitar made in the Technical House, one of the small, top level ESP Custom Shop "factories." The Technical House does a lot of special one-off, odd spec guitars. Seeing the Navigator logo on the back with an ESP logo on the front is a bit confusing to me, but there's nothing here that screams fake to me.

daniel m.

Thanks push,

It seems quite unique, I've been searching for a while and have come up empty handed, if its a custom order, this would explain why

I haven't seen any other models with a heel truss adjustment. I don't think a fake would have this, nor would it have schaller floyd claw lol.

thanks again

Dan

Sebastien T.

Hi guys, great thread!!

I have buyed a ltd that i found out had the pickups swapped for cheap chinese active pickups by the seller...  i now wonder if the guitar is conterfeit or the guy just kept his emg...  maybe if shes authentic i will find some emg's for sale and repair her but i need your help on that...

1. Thanks a lot!!!
Sebastien T.

Sebastien T.

Sebastien T.

Sebastien T.

Sebastien T.

Pushead
daniel m. wrote:

I haven't seen any other models with a heel truss adjustment. I don't think a fake would have this,

It's not a common adjustment, but ESP has used it before. Rob Arnold's, previously from Chimaira, newest ESP guitars have these. I can't remember the model name, but in the last year or so, there was an E-II Strat version that had these as well.

The EX is legit. 2011 model.

Sebastien T.

My ex?  Hooo thanks a lot i was desperate to know!!!  Now im gone buying aome new emg's to get my guitar up and running!!!

Thanks a lot, what you do here is great!!!!  I will definitely consider this when choosing my next axe!!

Pushead

I don't work for ESP, I just have a lot of experience with them. I like their guitars, but I'm mostly in this for the babes.

James R.

James R.

Post to Thread