The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Kevin K.

$100 and I could repair the headstock...it just bugs me the holes on the reverse. What about the logo and serial. I know it’s cheap  it still $100 is a lot for something fake

Chris J.

Hi. This guitar is for sale not far from me, just wanted you guys input on when and where it's from. Doesn't say Japan on the headstock, which all other eclipses I've seen have. I live in Scandinavia BTW.

Pushead

Logos and headstock markings on the F-10 are fine. It's from 2013. $100 is still too much for the guitar, imo.

The Eclipse is also legit, from 2005. I have one that's similar. The "Made in Japan" is a sticker, which many owners remove.

Chris J.

Thanks. So this is a MiJ? Wasn't sure if it could be a US model.

Pushead

No, it's Japanese. Standard Series production all came from Japan.

cnstnt

I was looking into purchasing this mh-1001, just wanted to make sure it is a legit 2015 model  .  cheers

cnstnt

Serial is W15031265

Pushead

Looks fine to me. 2015 model.

GordusLux

Picked both of these up this year, one is an M-II, the other a USA Horizon. Just looking for verification on them, mostly the Horizon. I don't really know anyone else who could put my mind at ease about it. Main concern is the white binding around the cutaway on the Horizon is a little off in one spot, is this normal? Also there is a really small bubble in the paint of the ESP logo on the headstock as well --- these seem really minor but for a USA ESP guitar it is a little disappointing to see.

Pushead

It's a legit guitar.  I suspect the binding was shaped with the cutaway.

macpiter

Hi,

Can you take a look on my ESP LTD MH-103QM STB guitar? Serial number is: L10081483 (China). Can you tell me what "L" prefix stands for and what is the year of production? The guitar was bought on promotional sales in a big music store at 50% price because it was the last piece in the store.It seems to be well made, the game is comfortable, frets wires are smooth, guitar stays in tune despite the cheap Floyd Rose Special. The body color is darker than in the pictures on the internet (there it looks like sky blue) but color really changes depending on the type and intensity of light. Overall, I'm very happy with this guitar but I would like to know if it`s a fake or legit. Thank you for any help.

Pushead

It's legit. 2010 model. No idea what the L stands for.

macpiter

Thank you very much.

Mit Billy

Hey guys any advise on this?

Pushead

Never seen anything like it before. That Kahler bridge is pretty old, so if it is legit, it would be early 80s. I've never seen that logo, but in the late 70s and early 80s, ESP was a parts manufacturer. I have no idea if they ever tried this style logo, or if someone just designed their own. 

*edit - Also, that owner has no idea how to string a guitar with those tuners.

Laurent C.

Hi, is this guitar a true LTD guitar?

Thanks

Post to Thread