How to spot fake ESP

Updated
How to spot fake ESP

Hey guys,

Do you have any knowledge regarding fake guitars and how to spot them?

Maybe guitar companies should start a database where we could register original guitars and verify their authenticity. I understand that, I his is extra cost but we have to somehow protect ourselves from not honest seller, specially when we buy used instruments.

asd

How does this seem?

Pushead

No photo of the body of the guitar, but there's nothing that concerns me from the photos that you've posted. Looks to be a legit 2009 model.

asd

Heres couple bodyshots. 

Pushead

Looks good to me.

asd

Thanks

matthew h.

This guitar have the shape of the new LTD made and crafted in Indonesia (ec-1000 written on the trussrod cover, the neck, ec-1000 written in the abalone missing). But on this model, near the serial code,  written made in Korea. Is it possible? It's maybe a fake or is legit? 

Pushead

It's legit. Looks like a 2017 serial number, so it may be one of the earliest guitars with the removed 12th fret inlay block.

matthew h.

thank you very much!

Jared G.

Jared G.
Jared G. wrote:

Can anyone tell me if this EX 102 looks legitimate?

Pushead

Looks good to me. 2007 model.

Raul A.

The seller says that this guitar it's from 2004 and has Sperzel lock tuners (visible), EMG 81/81, Tone Pros bridge, Earvana compensated nut and Schaller strap locks. it all looks good for me but the serial starts with a little R

Raul A.

Sorry here are the images

Pushead

The guitar is legit. No idea why there is a small R to start the serial number.

Nothing to worry about.

Raul A.

Thank you so much bro! Do you know why is from Korea but has an "R" at serial number?, I have seen Korea guitars serial starts with "W"...

Pushead

There are a few different factories they used in Korea. I'm not sure which factory R stands for (maybe Peerless), but I've also seen U (Unsung) as a Korean prefix as well. W is the most common, which is the World Musical Instruments.

Kevin M.

Morning all, please can any anyone advise if this is real or fake; I only suspect fake as no signature on the trust rod cover. I may be wrong if its an old model (only images available).

Thanks in advance

Post to Thread