Weired ear bleeding treble/presence issue in vlave amp

Updated
ozzuk1
So my vlaveking has been sounding a bit too trebly to the point of ear bleeding nastyness. Normally it's quite smooth, and I can have the treble controls pretty high, but have to reduce them to almost off levels the last few times.. Same for the presence control, has anyone experienced this kind of issue beofre, Im hoping its the phase inverter preamp gone bad... I first thought it was the new klotz Joe bonomassa cable giving me extre treble compared to the planet waves cables(they cut some frequencies apparently) but I have tried that through my bandit which has no peircing issues with the tone... I also have the other powertubes that were in it before but the current ones are fairly new and the amp doesent get used that much and I always warm it up, not too mention the controls are before the poweramp stage... Will try the phase invertor tube and then the powertubes... Any help appreciated... Fingers crossed... Makes me glad there are three 12ax7's and four 6l6gc's would have been really expensive just to replace the pre's in the 6505+112..
ozzuk1

Was the PI valve, one of the others may need replacing but the jem7v's pickups are brighter than my other guitars...

BroKV

What are all the things you've changed and replace them in reverse order 1 thing at a time.

Did it get progressively worse or all at once?

ozzuk1

I changed the preamp over 2 years ago then replaced one of the drive valves a few months after, poweramp was changed last year sometime so i've had decent playtime with it.

Just glad it was the phase invertor as thats the closest and easiest to access...

Post to Thread