Floyd rose question?

Updated
Annia
Will an ofr fit in a 1997 Ibanez RG270DX? Please let me know and thanks!
ozzuk1

Depends on the year, if it has a generic LFr with the angled baseplate it should, however the posts may not match correctly, if it has an EDGE III no, only the Gotoh FR or Ibanez EDGE pro will fit that one..

Annia

Depends on the year, if it has a generic LFr with the angled baseplate it should, however the posts may not match correctly, if it has an EDGE III no, only the Gotoh FR or Ibanez EDGE pro will fit that one..

Its a 97 with LFR. Ok then, thank you for the info :)

ozzuk1

OFR should fit check the centre to centre posts of the posts I think OFR's are 74mm...Warmoth may be a good place to scour for measurements...

I wouldnt bother upgrading a 270 not unless you really really love it...
GFS make a Floyd that might work some of GOTOH features like the one flat one curved knife edge so it would work on different post spacings....

Annia

OFR should fit check the centre to centre posts of the posts I think OFR's are 74mm...Warmoth may be a good place to scour for measurements...

I wouldnt bother upgrading a 270 not unless you really really love it...
GFS make a Floyd that might work some of GOTOH features like the one flat one curved knife edge so it would work on different post spacings....

Actually, it's for a customer who wanted to know the answer. He wants to buy a Floyd from my eBay and asked but since I wasn't to sure, I decided to ask here. I've read at other places also and there giving me the same answer :D

Post to Thread