Knobs glued on?

Updated
Stringtheorist
I want to swap out the pickups and pots on my Eclipse 1 CTM but I can't shift the knobs. I assume they're glued on. Can anyone confirm the likelihood of this and offer a solution to getting the knobs off without destroying the pots?
Dark Alone

Oddly enough, I'm having this same problem on my Peavey Reactor. :lol

I'll stick around to see how this thread develops. I am curious if Peavey and ESP use the same kind of glue.

Pushead

What kind of glue does Kirk use?

Dark Alone

I would have to assume it's from the same company that makes his hand tape. Perhaps we should find out from them what they might use to dissolve their adhesives.

jet66

Knobs. heh heh... That's like, a dirty word.

imprinted

I'm also very glad I clicked on this thread.

Have you found out what glue it is then?

Dark Alone

I am waiting with bated breath.

Gazmonster

The knobs must still be on

Guitarslingerans

Why would you glue yourself to your guitar?

Powerslave

Have you considered the possibility that the knobs are not glue on but rather held in place by a really sophisticated, high power, magnetic system?

When you find out, please tell me how the fuck do they work.........

Murdoc

What you need to do if your that weak is take your guitar down to the basement where your vise is mounted to your workbench, then clamp the knob in question into the vise. You then pull the guitar off of that pesky knob. Problem solved.

If you can't pull the knob off the guitar, just pull the guitar off the knob.

andrei

:rollin

this thread delivers!
got ourselves a real string-theorist here :lol no offense.

Murdoc

I wonder if he got the knobs off yet.:confused:

Gazmonster

Yeh bet shes pulled a few knobs off :)

Murdoc

Yeh bet shes pulled a few knobs off :)

:o:lol ...Yeah, and I bet she didn't need a shoestring to do it either.

Used her bare hands I bet.:eek:

LoveThatBass

put a cloth over the body and use a spoon to lift slightly as you move the spoon around the knob gently prying all the way around until it lifts off. That is how I an many others have done it for years. Just be sure to protect the body with a cloth and gently pry.

Road King

put a cloth over the body and use a spoon to lift slightly as you move the spoon around the knob gently prying all the way around until it lifts off. That is how I an many others have done it for years. Just be sure to protect the body with a cloth and gently pry.
Please check the thread dates before you reply, noob.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Gazmonster

Good to see the thread again though Lmao

Metlupass2

Guy sure was a dick to Pus when he was simply trying to help him. Even though Phil used to rock a mullet while posing with his JH1 doesn't mean the man isn't credible.

Pushead

:lol That picture comes back to haunt me again!

Post to Thread