Inside of case color bled into ESP eclipse ii

Updated
Axefan88
Hey guys. I have a 2007 ESP Eclipse II that I recently pulled out of it's one year old, new ESP case.... Only to discover that the black coloring of the inside of the case bled into the finish of the guitar. The guitar color is snow white. Took it to a luthier, tried mineral spirits.. No results. The back of the neck and some of the body has black stains in the paint. I'm looking at like $450 to repaint the guitar. I wrote to ESP ... Do you think they will do anything for me here ? Or am I screwed ? Wanted your opinions Thanks guys
slovakzombiehero

Pics?

Axefan88

Yes. I will get some pics up. Looks like a blackish, purplish hue that clouds the color. The luthier told me it's either..... That the paint was never truly dry when the guitar was manufactured, or that the glue in the case created a chemical reaction. Idk. Just a shame at this point. Was my favorite guitar.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Spoonylove

Your guitar is brokeded. Send it to me. okthanxbai.

DB-VII

damn man that sucks, hope it works out for ya, gonna keep that in mind.

cecilbag

What happened? Did you buff it off, get it refinished?

exhibit-sbt

I had a 2007 Eclipse II in snow white change colors before my eyes as I was swapping the pickups under a 14 watt spiral fluorescent bulb.

Really unfortunate that finish isn't very well protected, I really love those guitars in it.

Geetarguy70

It happend to my Gibson Explorer. I have a lefty antique white explorer that I hang up and only case for gigs and I got to a gig and pointed corner of the EXP was pink like the inside of the coffin case I put it in. I just buffed out and repainted that spot. Good luck!

Dissident

the back of my snow white eclipse has turned red

DB-VII

Is it the ESP cases that are a prob? I keep all of my guitars are out, but if the cases are a problem then Im gonna shit can them and keep in mind for the future that I dont want them....

Post to Thread