HELP ENGL Z-4 footswitch

Updated
HELP ENGL Z-4 footswitch
Please help, searching scheme inside Engl Z-4 footswitch. I need a picture of how tethering. Thank you.
jet66

I've not been able to find a schematic exactly, but here is a 'gut shot':

Engl Z-4

It's basically two on/off latching switches Signal for each of the two functions comes in on on the red and green wires, through the respective LED's, to the center pole of the switch. The common/ground is tied to the second pole of both switches.

Here is a thread at H/C with a schematic that should work.

xZYRYABx

I've always wondered why those things are so damn expensive for how simple they are!!!

KK, I have an extra, never used after market (switch doctor) one... if you're looking to buy PM me

jet66

I had a Blackmore, ended up getting an 'aftermarket' unit that was 4 switches, ala two Z-4's. Cost was about the same as one of the Engl switches, the quality was way better. I think the pic I linked may have been an 'aftermarket'/homemade model, too. The real Engl switch used a PCB-mounted TRS jack, not a hardwired cable.

xZYRYABx

which aftermarket one did you get? I got one from switch-doctor and the thing is solid as hell but so damn small I used it once and packed it up again and ended up getting an original z-4.
the original is great great IMO and has never given me any issues (albeit expensive as fuck), but I never understood why it doesn't come with 4 switches and two jacks standard since there are 4 things to control (on the E635 you got midboost on/off, fx loop on/off, clean/lead, master a/b)...kinda stupid if you sak me but maybe im missing smthn....does the z-5 even work on the blackmore/fireball?

kkertev

thanks !!!

kkertev

Thank you all did it and it works perfectly :)

jet66

No problem, glad it worked.

xzyr, mine was the Voodoo Man switch. It's a nice unit, but I've heard too many horror stories as of late to recommend his stuff. It was plenty big, with socket-mounted LED's, they were bright blue when on.

xZYRYABx

jet, out of curiosity, how did you find him to deal with? it took me almost 3 months to get my switch and in the meantime he totally ignored all my emails and voicemails...went on the net and checked him out and found pages and pages about him douching ppl out....at least I got mine so it coulda been worse

Post to Thread