ESP MX truss rod question.

Updated
tonyjh3
I have two 2007 MX's and two 2003 MX's. Are the truss rods in any or all of these 2-way? I was under the impression that they were, but I was recently told that they were standard 1-way truss rods. One of my 07 MX's needs a bit more neck relief even though the truss rod is all the way backed off. I didn't want to make any further adjustments till I get the info. Any help would be much appreciated.
Beaten Beyond

I can't tell you specifically on those, but I've had guitars that are "supposed" to have 2-way truss rods, but actually have 1-way.

Anyway, it's easy to check. Just loosen the truss rod all the way, then keep turning (counter-clockwise). If it's a 2-way, there will be some "dead space", then eventually you will feel it tighten down again and it will start adding more relief.

If you keep turning counter-clockwise and it doesn't start turning tighter (and the rod nut starts to unscrew on most guitars), then you have a 1-way.

Kannon

This.

My Navigator has a one way truss rod. But those are made to vintage specs even though they're ESP CS.

Post to Thread