ESP Eclipse II VB - Can´t hold tuning, and other stuff

Updated
DaniHel
Hey guys. I got my eclipse in the mail 2 days ago and been trying it out. So i changed the tuning to C standard, which is what i will be using with the eclipse. Put on some .13 - .56 strings on it but the bottom 2 at least are a bit flappy and i get some string/fret buzz on the higher frets. Not an action problem because it isn´t low. Also tightened the truss rod a bit because of the higher gauge strings. Anyways, i have 2 questions, the first being that the nut seems to be higher on the lower strings and then starts getting lower on the higher strings, like a diagonal descent. Is that normal? Also, are the gotoh locking tuners good? Cause i can´t even bend a string without it going out of tune. I think that locking and turning of the screw is just crap cause i´m guessing when you tune the guitar, due to the pressure, that thing will come slightly loose and f*** up your tunning. Or maybe i´m doing it wrong. Help?
cbbass123

I have three eclipses, all with gotoh locking tuners. One tuned to E, one tuned to E flat, and one tuned to C. I have no problems with tuning unless their fresh strings. And I like to bend the crap out of the strings. Every once in a while, mostly the g string will go out of tune from massive bending, but thats about it. Look into checking the gotoh tuner if functioning properly and a correct setup.

mazen

Remember, you really should stretch the crap out of your strings when you change them.

Sometimes that could be the problem.

Newfs

Hey, when I first got my Eclipse I had never touch grovers before and had similar issues as you.

When restringing make sure to pull the end you put through the tuner out to the side approx 90 degress away from the head before you start tightening the tuner.

Feraledge

I've always had issues with the G string on a split stock. Even when I changed out the nut. I haven't lubricated it yet, but I'm going to start doing that. Perhaps switching to a wound 3rd would help?
A lot of folks I talk to have the same problem. It's enough that I don't like using a guitar with a split stock live as much and really don't like using it for recording.

Post to Thread