Sperzel tuners question..

Updated
wiretap
So, I tried switching my strings to GHS Zakk Wylde's yesterday, but the lowest string, an .060, won't fit thru my sperzel locking tuner. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this situation?
xchumfiestax

So, I tried switching my strings to GHS Zakk Wylde's yesterday, but the lowest string, an .060, won't fit thru my sperzel locking tuner. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this situation?

I think you would have to drill it out. Can't really give you much more info than that. Sperzel custom drilled my lowest string to fit a 70 max :\

wiretap

I think you would have to drill it out. Can't really give you much more info than that. Sperzel custom drilled my lowest string to fit a 70 max :\

How much was it for them to do custom ones for you?

sean106OCD

I have this issue with EB Bottom heavies. I think the end is a tad thicker or something when they cut the strings from production. What I do is just snip off the very end and usually that works. But then again I am using .52's for my low. Dunno about a .60

wiretap

I have this issue with EB Bottom heavies. I think the end is a tad thicker or something when they cut the strings from production. What I do is just snip off the very end and usually that works. But then again I am using .52's for my low. Dunno about a .60

Yeah, .52's fit mine fine, currently I use .56, which is snug, but fits. I think drilling might be my only solution. I read somewhere sperzel will custom make them, but I don't want to order an entire set for just one tuner.

esp_gaijin

i've drilled out a locking tuner myself to make it fit a bari or 7, it's not hard to do just be slow and careful, and make sure you have the locking pin totally out of the way.

Constituo

Neither did I, but I fit even .67 into my sperzels. Cordless drill > 2 min. of work and done.

Feraledge

Sperzel is really easy to deal with directly. I had to replace two tuners and they cost me $10 each and sent them out immediately. I think I got them within 2 days. Friendly folks as well.

garyjfoster

I have used a 56 the lowest i ever went with sperzels ...that was on the hetfield grynch years ago...what tuning are you using?

brandono61cr

well i know you can use a string that just barely fits in the peg and pull it back and forth , more or less "sanding" out the inside . but i think that the jump from .56 .70 might be too much but it "should" work for .56 to .60 .

chumfest's idea is probably the best tho.

Post to Thread