tremolo spring

Updated
MasterOfPuppies
hi there! i need to add a 4th tremolo spring on the tremolo spring cavity of my KH2. strings are 10-46 which specs should this spring have? strenght? lenght? material? thanx!
Mark K.

I use 10-46 on my ESP SV STD in E standard with 3 springs
I use 10-52 on my KH202 in drop D with 3 springs..

I don't see why you should add a 4th spring?

ozzuk1

I have one of my Rans in e with 10-46 with four springs makes things a little more stable, I would suggest getting the same spring type as whats allready on there ideally you should replace all of them if they are fairly old and possibly worn..

I've never seen specs for springs only stainless or matt, and high/medium low tension springs...

load more replies (1 of 1)
MasterOfPuppies

what tension do you suggest me to get guys? soft medium or hard with 4 tremolo springs?

i'll tune to E standard with 10-46

thanx!

ozzuk1

Medium is what I use for 10-46 in E...

And you should try that angled bass straight treble before claiming it's unbalance Roope Latvala started using it and now Alexi has it like that on his japan ESP sigs...

I have it like that on my Maverick and it's extremely stable for the bridge and bends are good on it too...

MasterOfPuppies

can you explian better this tecnique?
thanx ;)

ozzuk1

I will take a picture soon...

You could always get three high tension springs that would make it work better, but make the trema bit ahrder to dive/raise...

Mark K.

Kirk uses 11's

3 springs if I'm correct
some of his guitar in this order: || |
and some others like this: /|\

MasterOfPuppies

since when? i was known he uses 10-46 probably now he's using 11's because of the Eb tuning.

MasterOfPuppies

you're welcome too ;) :P

thanx for the help everyone!

MasterOfPuppies

another question i'm wondering...

can the use of 4 springs (in std tuning) - (using the whammy bar) create too much tension or stress especially on the 2 pivots inside the cavity ?
sometimes i'm afraid to strip out the wood where the pivots are fitted inside the body of the guitar....

Post to Thread