How do you increase battery length in active pickups.

Updated
Munchy5150
hey Guys, just bought a new MX-250 with the active EMGs, the guitar is fantastic im so happy with it, trouble is the batteries keep going flat on me, which is a pain in the ass! It seems that the main problem is, the battery is staying live whilst im not playing and so the battery has run low when i come to play it a couple of days later. Ive am turning the volume knobs down every time when the guitar is not in use to see if this will do the trick! i was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, and if so if there was any way to correct it or lessen this effect. this is the first time ive used active pickups, its not a massive problem, just annoying....:mad: Any advice would be great! Thanks.
Mr Walley

No, sorry, I'm in the USA.

Don't be scared, If you have a good soldering iron "pen type", and a steady hand you shouldn't run into any problems fixing your problem.

Just remember to use "rosin-core" solder, flux, and don't over heat the pots. They can take a lot but it should only take a couple seconds to melt the solder, so I wouldn't worry too much. Watch the soldering video on youtube that Jet66 made.

jk6DZZYKQ1Y

What he is doing:

1. cleaning with alochol pad
2. scuffing up the metal for better adhesion
3. Recleaning
4. Applying the flux
5. Applying heat
6. Touching solder to pot (not tip of iron)
7. Cleaning off excess flux
8. Wetting the wire.
9. You get it by now
10. I should probably stop listing the steps
11. ???
12. Profit

Munchy5150

No, sorry, I'm in the USA.

Don't be scared, If you have a good soldering iron "pen type", and a steady hand you shouldn't run into any problems fixing your problem.

Just remember to use "rosin-core" solder, flux, and don't over heat the pots. They can take a lot but it should only take a couple seconds to melt the solder, so I wouldn't worry too much. Watch the soldering video on youtube that Jet66 made.

jk6DZZYKQ1Y

What he is doing:

1. cleaning with alochol pad
2. scuffing up the metal for better adhesion
3. Recleaning
4. Applying the flux
5. Applying heat
6. Touching solder to pot (not tip of iron)
7. Cleaning off excess flux
8. You get it by now
9. I should probably stop listing the steps
10. ???
11. Profit

Hahah! thanks man, that was really useful. well ill get it sorted, need to sort it out within 2 weeks as i got a gig coming up, but it shoudl be fine, the guitar works fine atm the moment, its just really annoying that the battery keeps dyeing within 3-4 days.

im waiting for a reply from the guy from EMG that you quoted, and i got a diagram that i got sent on here so it should be fine!

LordCliffton

here you go with a video on EMG wire placement...

ENJOY!!

ZP0_1O0D8mc

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Mr Walley

Also: from what i could see, The dark purple wire seems to be out of place, on the circuit diagram it looks like it should run into the input jack, however on my MX it seems as though it is running onto one of the volume pots, is this possibly the fault im looking for?

Yes.

Munchy5150

Ok excellent, im glad that ive found it! thanks for looking over that for me, sorry about the complexituy of the pics, was the best idea i could come up with to find it lol!

Post to Thread