To ID and old ESP bass?

Updated
basszoomer1
I have a line on a 4 string bass that has seen better days. The body has been stripped of electronics but is a p/j body. Under the pickguard is a routed spot for an extra j pickup in the neck position. The neck is maple with a rosewood fretboard. The headstock is shaped just like a Fender but has ESP stamped on the back into the wood (not a decal). The tuners are black. Truss rod access is at the base of the neck, not at the headstock. I have searched high and low for information that would verify this neck is really an ESP neck and can't find a thing. The owner claims it's from the 1980s. Does anyone here think my description fits an older ESP? Thanks.
OutlawTorn

pics would help

basszoomer1

try this.

Dilzdo21

no offense but we need to see the esp stamp to tell if its an ESP

basszoomer1

I'm not offended and sorry I sound stupid with this.

The guy with this bass is out in the country. I don't want to go out there unless I get a nod from you guys that yes, ESP made a headstock like that and, yes truss access was at the base of the neck.

If I can get at least that much info from you kind folks, I'll gas up the car and take a ride out there to see this bass. So far, though, it could be that this guy is pulling my leg. The photos I've posted are photos from him. I'm sorry to make anything difficult and thanks for looking in/answering my post.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Dilzdo21

honestly that looks legit, cant comment on the body tho

basszoomer1

I picked it up today. It does indeed look legit. The neck doesn't appear to have ever been removed until today. There are some markings on the neck behind there where it was screwed to the body. I'll post photos soon. Strangely someone wrote "potato" in pencil before the holes were drilled. One hole goes through the "a".

Thanks for your help.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread