Ground wire help.

Updated
Curt Daddy
Ok, I am switching to passives from actives, and I do not have a ground wire in my guitar. This is more of a what kind of wire do I need, is there a specific type of wire for grounding? I have the hole drilled out for it I just need to know what kind of wire to use. Thanks, sorry for the newb question.
Curt Daddy

bump.

help for the electronics n00b plz?

JimBobTTD

Any wire will do, as long as it is of decent structural quality (ie not f***ed up).

If I remember correctly, one doesn't need to ground/earth the bridge with EMGs. That may not be the case with whichever pickups you are using. You will still need some grounding wires, though, to help make the circuit. Check your wiring diagram!

riku

if you're asking if there is a specific kind of wire that you should use for a ground wire then you probably shouldn't be messing around with it.

Curt Daddy

Riku, STFU.
I have rewired a guitar, just never had to mess with the ground wire. I am sure you're no electronics genius yourself.

riku

Riku, STFU.
I have rewired a guitar, just never had to mess with the ground wire. I am sure you're no electronics genius yourself.

what the hell does "STFU" mean?

I'm not an elecronics genius, but I do have a degree in electronics and acoustics.

Curt Daddy

Well, I got the info. :lol
And the wire, got some outta my assload of old wire from misc. electronics. Once again, my fingers act before my brain does. My bad I just gotta get it all wired up.

robnobcorncob

What kind of guitar are you rewiring?

I had EMGs in my Eclipse I PL and I switched them out for Duncans, there was a ground wire (attatched to the bridge) already in there that had been taped off at the end and wasn't connected to anything when the EMGs were in there. So when it came to put the Duncans in I found the ground wire and wired it up. Great foresight there by ESP !

Post to Thread