Help adjusting the truss rod on my Eclipse

Updated
riggawaggel
Hello everyone I've never adjusted the truss rod on my own and I'm aware that its a delicate job. I am currently tuned to Drop C CGCFAD with .10-.46 Blue Steels. I've read from several sources that i should be using some heavier strings to tune that low however I have a guitar professionally set up to Drop B with the same set of strings that feels perfect. I believe that I am just an adjustment away from that feel. Can anyone offer any insight as to how to adjust this? My main issue is that I have some insane fret buzz on my third and sixth string. Thanks!
KH Guitar Freak

If there is only buzzing on the third and sixth string, I doubt it is a relief issue...

Maybe you can adjust the individual heights of the saddles, do that...

Or maybe it could be an issue with the frets themselves, assuming you are picking up buzz on certain places on the fretboard...

daddydoomsday

Does it buzz in other tunings as well?
Also, It could just be the strings. I had bad luck with a brand new set of DR's once that constantly buzzed.
I would try replacing those two strings first, before doing any adjustments.
If that dosnt fix it, it could be the nut.

DeathrollJM

the only reason you would need to adjust your truss rod is if the neck is bowing...eyeball it, if its straight with a slight curve before the headstock and you don't have excessive fret buzz, its in the right spot.

little buzz is normal btw. give us some insight here, how do you mean by "feel" not adjusted correctly?

kgry

I think your problem is you're using 10's in drop C. I tried this with my Eclipse and had to raise the bridge so high it was unplayable. Just switch to 11-52's at least.

MikeC

I think you should just throw some heavier strings on there.
I'm using 9's in D standard and don't have a problem like that, but I do find that my 12th fret does alot of buzzing, mainly on the 1st and 6th string.
Maybe I need to go up a gauge and try 10's.

57Octane

I think you should just throw some heavier strings on there.
I'm using 9's in D standard and don't have a problem like that, but I do find that my 12th fret does alot of buzzing, mainly on the 1st and 6th string.
Maybe I need to go up a gauge and try 10's.

Same. I have two guitars tuned to D with 9's. Very minimal buzz. One of them could probably be fixed with a truss rod adjustment. I'll need to move up to 10's if I want drop C on either though.

Post to Thread