Floyd problem...

Updated
loro rnr
Hello everyone! I have a little problem with my floyd... I have changed my strings from 0.09 to 0.10 and suddenly my floyd don't stay in tune when i use it. For example: if I push the tremolo bar down (to the neck) it don't return totally to his original position and viceversa when I pull the bar. One friend said to me that it was not fault of the strings, so I ask you now... could you help me??? Thak you!
xdaynex

give the strings some time to stretch, tighten ur lock pads and saddles all the way and fine tune i guess

N3rdAl3rt

new strings need to be played and stretched for a bit, is this a liscensed or original floyd

loro rnr

Is an original floyd (ltd m-1000) and I changed the strings the last week...

Thank you

Butch

Yes, what was the problem in the first place?????????

ozzuk1

Sounds like it wasent quite going back to zero this could be the strings needing some stretching but it's likely the floyd itself need some minor adjustments....

Nikopapp

When you change string gauges on a Floyd it does need to be tweaked a bit.

Jefferson_One

Never heard what his solution was ... I did the same thing: took off the 9s and went to 10s. Obviously the bridge rose a bit but i adjusted the truss-rod, waited for the wood to acclimate, tuned, stretched strings, adjusted the (floating) tremolo spring screws in the rear cavity.

It leveled out but was hard to keep in tune ... basically, I had to stretch/play the strings a bit more than normal - unlock the strings at the neck and tune then play some more. After the setup was corrected, it basically came down to string stretch and taking more time than one sitting to get them to hold true. No really big troubles though ... just time.

Also, during the setup, I also checked the knife edge of the bridge and put a bit of wax on the pivot points too.

Post to Thread