Weird intonation/buzzing issue

Updated
Weird intonation/buzzing issue
Hey dudes. I was playing my Eclipse, when upon dropping the E to D I noticed that the A and D strings werent in tune with eachother. Ah, intonation, I thought, so I got my tuner out and tried to intonate the bottom string. I tuned it, made sure the 12th fret harmonic was in tune too. The 12 fretted was sharp, so I moved the saddle back, increasing the scale lenth, right? Here comes problem #1: the saddle doesn't move back enough to get good intonation. Wtf? When I'd messed about a bit with it, I had gotten som really bad buzzing on the 1st fretwire, when I pick the open string, which I can't get rid of. I've tried adjusting the trussrod and string height, nothing works. I also have som buzzing, mainy on the bottom string, almost along the lenght of the fretboard, which has been there a while. I've tried to get rid of it, but even raising the action to rediculus height doesn't resolve it. I'm gonna hand it in to a guitar tech, but I'm still a bit concerned that I couldn't resolve it myself. I'd be very grateful if you could share your thoughts regarding this issue with me :)
BoD

I have the same problem (the Buzzing) with my Eclipse, but I doesn't transfer through the amp. I don't have a problem with the intonation. I will be sending mine to a pro-tech for adjustments and maybe some fret filing. This should take care of it.

KH Guitar Freak

Hey dudes.

I was playing my Eclipse, when upon dropping the E to D I noticed that the A and D strings werent in tune with eachother.
Ah, intonation, I thought, so I got my tuner out and tried to intonate the bottom string.

I tuned it, made sure the 12th fret harmonic was in tune too. The 12 fretted was sharp, so I moved the saddle back, increasing the scale lenth, right?

Here comes problem #1: the saddle doesn't move back enough to get good intonation. Wtf?

When I'd messed about a bit with it, I had gotten som really bad buzzing on the 1st fretwire, when I pick the open string, which I can't get rid of. I've tried adjusting the trussrod and string height, nothing works.

I also have som buzzing, mainy on the bottom string, almost along the lenght of the fretboard, which has been there a while. I've tried to get rid of it, but even raising the action to rediculus height doesn't resolve it.

I'm gonna hand it in to a guitar tech, but I'm still a bit concerned that I couldn't resolve it myself.

I'd be very grateful if you could share your thoughts regarding this issue with me :)

You may need to tweak the truss rod to compensate for the fret buzz at the higher frets, kinda like see sawing between the truss rod adjustments and bridge or saddle height adjustment till you have a nice balance between the two...

Post to Thread