Earvana Nut

Updated
BoD
I have a question about the compensated nut. If they are so good, why don't they come standard on all esp guitars. This is a real question, not a smart ass remark.:)
DeathrollJM

they are only on the upper price guitars, this is because the fretboard has to be cut more elaborately to get it to fit.

BoD

I just purchased an ESP Eclipse ll that has a straight bone nut. The LTD H-1001 comes with the compinsated nut and so do the EC-1000s. I just thought I bought an upper end ESP.:lol

andrei

i don't think any of the esps has the evarna compensated nut.
the ltds >=400 series have them.

i also wonder, if they're supposed to be that good...

njrusmc

I think they work wonderfully for intonation. My guitar is damn near perfectly intoned and I have never had to modify it myself. Came that way :)

andrei

yeah, may be, but the obvious question is: if they're so great, why don't esps come with them?
is it cose of the inferior material, plastik (?) < bone?

BoD

I don't know of any other guitar makers that use them. I was just wondering if it would be better to leave the orininal one installed or to have the compinsated nut put in. I do know that "other brand" upper end guitars use a bone nut as well.

njrusmc

Maybe its just a tonal difference and the Earvana design is really superior but they dont manufacture bone nuts? I really dont know, but compared to a 42mm locking .... Earvana is much better for intonation.

Post to Thread