Neck Heavy Problem!

Updated
Richie C
Any solutions to this problem without just buying a leather strap?
Bridge The Void

What guitar is it? Moving a strap button is a common cure, I've heard from people with Vipers and Xiphos' who have done just that and have no complaints.

Richie C

It's a Gio Ibanez GAX75. Shaped kinda like an SG. The strap button is on top of the horn.

Baby Duck

I happen to have a GAX70 and i just fixed it with a strap. Just got kinda used to it. And got better guitars. Still love that one though. First guitar

Greatdeceiver

get a leather strap-on.

DeathrollJM

just move the strap button about 1 1/2 to 2 inches towards the neck, this usually fixes the problem.

DeathrollJM

how the hell is a leather strap supposed to make a difference, your talking about the guitars weight being off center, a different type of strap isn't going to fix that

DeathrollJM

actually if you use one of the holes that hold on the neck, it works, depending on the strap button, you might have to get a longer screw, but i've done this on jackson rhoads and it fixed the problem without adding any holes.

Baby Duck

That seems like a pretty good plan deathroll. Never thought of that. OR...........go acoustic style and wrap around the nut!

DeathrollJM

OR...........go acoustic style and wrap around the nut!

make it more difficult to play and you look like a total douche lol :rollin

live if im playing an acoustic, im gonna sit in a stool tyvm

Post to Thread