need good CRUNCHY pickups

Updated
thehitman47
im going to swap out my pickups but i want sumting crunchy and clean. i want to get like a fear factory sound type. i dont care if theyre active or not. i was thinking of getting the emg h4 with the PA-2 switch cuz someone told me thats wat i should get.
shakeESP

crunchy?

You mean you want something high output that produces good cleans?

Well, I'm completely in love with Bare Knuckle Pickups. Go on their website. They give a great description of all the pickups they make and I'm certain they will have what you are after. Plus you're not gonna get the quality and sound of a hand made pickup from SD or EMG, for example.

I use a pair of Cold Sweats in my Horizon and they are awsome, for what I want.

-Chris

N3rdAl3rt

you want crunchy liek crunchy noodle?

MikeAmottV2006

fear factory is pretty much an emg81 and the emg 707. You might also look into a Bill Lawrence L-500XL. I played a washburn N4 last weekend with one of those and it slammed. Super crunchy pick-up.

thehitman47

you want crunchy liek crunchy noodle?

like Captain Crunch crunchy but seriously i heard that emg 85 is good too....ive never heard of the bare knuckles pickups ill check them out...wat i mean by crunchy is high output,clean and loud..my guitar body is made of alder so 81 + alder= brightness...not my kind of taste

load more replies (1 of 1)
idpmofo

A good question is "what pups do have in there now?"

hermz

Bare Knuckle Pickups are definitely worth checking out. They may be a bit more expensive, but they're worth every penny IMO.

shakeESP

^ +999

-Chris

espdood

You should check out what your friend advised you. The h4 with the PA-2 switch. Similiar to Alexi's old set up. I believe his guitars are all alder as well. Me, I'm biased and I usually put the EMG 85 in all of my guitars. That sounds crunchy as well..but thick.

Gravy Tank

Which Bare Knuckle pickups would you guys reccomend for stuff in the realm of God Forbid, Shadows Fall, etc...?

ZephMan

Do you play in standard tuning or D, or C etc.?

Gravy Tank

^ IDK if that was directed at me, but if so, then I play in drop C.

Post to Thread