Does airbrush would be good?

Updated
bloodstyle
i have an ESP LTD AX-400 black and well... i would like to do a airbrush job (by someone) and i was wondering : 1. If I airbrush my guitar and the guitar is in very good condition, when i would want to sell it (probably will never happen). does it worth more? 2. how much would it cost for a airbrush (i know it's variable. but i want to know the price range)
TREVA

I don't want to seel my guitar.I made that because she is mine for life.
And it will never decrease its price if it's well done.
Mine you can't tell it isn't an airbrushed art.

bloodstyle

picture :D?

TREVA

I will take pics tonight and tomorrow I will post them.

chevy Z 302

any ir-reversable mod 99.9% of the time decreases the value of the guitar. Especially when your starting with a low end guitar anyway. Your talking about airbrushing which is going to DESTROY the resale value. I wouldnt expect half of what they usually go for unless its something amazing that someone just has to have when you sell.

how much? It totally depends on who you go to and what you want done. Paiting flames is going to be a whole lot less than a intricate mummy paintjob. You need to talk to a painter to find this out.

Sidivan

Treva, how long have you had it with that pic on it? I've heard of people doing this before, but the problem is that the finish eventually starts cracking due to the paper and glue expanding/contracting at a different rate than the actual paint.

There are actually guitar companies that used to do this.

TheGuardian

That looks pretty sweet, TREVA. :D What kind of printer/paper did you use?

TREVA

Does anybody knows how cd cover's paper is called in english ?

ZephMan

Yes, Ass mat.

TREVA

:lol

bloodstyle

well it does looks great :) . but i don't think ill do that on my guitar :P

load more replies (1 of 1)
TREVA

Think about it ...
If you like some exotic wood,no problem ,do a pic of an exotic wood !!!
Amazing.

xchumfiestax

Think about it ...
If you like some exotic wood,no problem ,do a pic of an exotic wood !!!
Amazing.

This is probably the most retarded thing I have ever heard :|

load more replies (1 of 1)
shakeESP

The guitar is going to drop in value when you sell it anyway, so I'd say sticking/airbrushing a graphic on it is going to make the value drop far more.

-Chris

Stephy

The guitar is going to drop in value when you sell it anyway, so I'd say sticking/airbrushing a graphic on it is going to make the value drop far more.

-Chris

amen to that, brutha

Curt Daddy

I just got a monster cable 1/4th to 1/8th adapter...

and spawnofthesith told me he plugged into his soundcard somehow to record his stuff...

how would I go about doing this? i'm trying and no signal is being picked up...

load more replies (4 of 4)
Stephy

dude, chill.... in his original post, he stated he was worried about re-sale value.

jeez... remind me not to piss you off.

TREVA

people do this to a guitar you pretend to have it forever.
I made because I knew I will not sell it.I made it the way I wanted a guitar looks like.
So no selling,he's my baby.
BUT if you are worried about selling so don't do that,in the end you are thinking about selling so it's not your favorite guitar.
BTW every gig I play there's always someone asking about it and how much I want for it .
The best value until now was 1500 usd ,very good for a guitar wich I bought 12 years ago for about 800 usd !

mrclean77

Treva, regardless of whatever we call the CD paper here, was the actual paper you used as thick as paper you would find in a CD book? 4 coats of clear was enough t even it out?

looks good, btw.

jclogston

Hi all -

I was wondering if anyone has or has played the LTD M-103FM? I have a KH-202 which i really like and the only thing i would change would be to have a maple fingerboard. Based on the website, the only guitars i see that are similar are this and the M-II (which is like 4x more expensive). So any ideas on it? Do i have to worry since its only a "100 series" guitar? I would swap out the pickups so that's not a problem. The floyd rose special has worked for me thus far and i'm not a really big bar user anyways.

thanks in advance,

jeff

load more replies (4 of 4)
Post to Thread