JH1 ESP Custom Shop Build

Updated
4004cii

Hi All 

does anyone know if the Japanese or American ESP custom shop, will build a red flame/ green flame custom shop guitar. 

Thanks

Lunday C.

I would doubt it, because most old JH Sigs like that are usually not reproduced ever, but I would put in a request in both customs shops to see if either will build one.

4004cii

Do you think they would be up for making the same body shape 

Alfred W.

I know about the potential lawsuit problem with Gibson, but as far as I know, there hasn't been a lawsuit about this body shape. I know there is a risk and people want to avoid it, but as a USA resident

ESPEXP

Both the Japan and USA custom shops will not make this guitar for you. They are not allowed to make a flying v due to the previous Gibson lawsuit, plus the JH-1 was a limited run of 200 so they wouldn’t be able to produce another one. James was the only one with the green flame version, and wouldn’t allow ESP to make one for anyone else. Though… I have seen them do the green flames on a pointy v through the custom shop about 15ish years ago, but not on the Gibson style v. Don’t know if they would still do this graphic or not.

4004cii

Wow that’s still really cool

4004cii

Suppose the next question would be does anyone know if there still allowed to use the flame graphic 

Brian6262

I ordered and LTD V-200 a number of years ago and took it to a custom motorcycle painter who paint the flames for me. Besides it’s not an actual ESP but an LTD; it came out great. So that’s always an option too. 

Post to Thread