Does an ESP Viper requires a F-spaced bridge Humbucker (a.k.a. Trembucker)?

Updated
Does an ESP Viper requires a F-spaced bridge Humbucker (a.k.a. Trembucker)?

Currently my ESP Viper came with Seymour Duncan Blackouts, inarguably active, in which I am not a fan of. I'm thinking about switching to passive pickups. To cut things short, do I need a trembucker or a regular-sized humbucker for the bridge of the Viper. Thanks in advance!

P.S. It is a former ESP Standard Viper with 24 frets, 24'75 scale

tx-ogre

I’m no expert, but it’s my understanding that if it’s equipped with a Floyd Rose or other trem system, you will need a Trembucker.  If it’s string-thru or has a stop bar, you will need a regular humbucker.  

DaViperz

Thanks Craig! appreciate the info 

metalhobo

measure the string spacing at the bridge: "If the spacing is two inches (50mm), you require a Humbucker. If the spacing is greater than two inches, you need a Trembucker." https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/string-spacing-explained-humbuckers-vs-trembuckers

The "Floyds use trembuckers, tuneomatics use non-trembuckers adage" is not universally true (some fixed tuneomatic bridges have wide spacing, some floating tremolos have narrow spacing), so measuring is really only way to be sure.

but full disclosure, the difference between trembucker/non-trembucker is so very minimal I would just not worry about it. it's 3 mm. most people can't tell a difference in sound, so it's really just a visual thing.

Post to Thread