Going to write another guide to ESP explorer 101 collecting...

Updated
EXPcustom

I wrote one about 15 years ago and I think it had some incorrect info but now I have pics and serials to show solid facts when it comes to ESP explorers over the years. Only thing I never paid attention to was the bolt on models sold in the USA so I may need help with those. Some fun facts I discovered.

90's era Bell truss rod EXPs had black andonized brass nuts. Yes those black nuts are made of brass many people don't realize this because the coating of black is thick but look closesly were the string rests, you can see brass.

MX220s had two different two screw truss rod covers, early models had the Gibson "bell" and later 89-90 models had the "tulip"

Some things I am trying to look for or prove, MX250 with the MX220 Tulip 2 screw truss rod cover, Hetfield's early MX250s had them. Where these just prototypes or did any production ones have it?

Anyways, I'm going to put it together as a free E-book or three to four page pdf for people to have at no charge since there is not a lot of easy to find info out there on collecting these.

If anyone has noticed any distinct production variation like for example early MX220s had a "step" in the neck joint and no volute in the neck by the headstock. Please post your observations here I want to cover every detail down to the input jacks.

Tondog

The book writes itself!

"Don't!" 

The end.

ESPEXP

Sounds awesome! Let me know if I can help in any way. I've owned your old ESP MX-220 graphite/black sparkle explorer, and currently own your old MX-220 EET FUK with step joint and black MX-250. I've also owned a black exp and olympic white exp from late 90s as well as a couple JH-2's. I've never come across a MX-250 with the 2 screw tulip truss rod covers like on the MX-220s.

EXPcustom

Cool, thanks for the offer. I will keep you guys posted as to when I get around to starting it. Will be uploading ESP stuff to my Youtube channel soon also. Subscribe if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJzVbDjC5mCOQfJL-omEveg?view_as=subscriber

Reuben G.

I own one of the one's with the bolt on neck that was imported to the US, I'd love to know more about it

Alex W.

wow, nice

M.U.Y.A.

Was this ever completed EXPcustom? I would totally appreciate something like this, not just for myself but fellow enthusiast... 

John  W.

Was hoping more info on that ID ebook might have been provided.  Looking at a "custom shop" explorer and trying to authenticate it  :( 

M.U.Y.A.

You could always share the pics of the guitar on here and people will be able to help you with authenticating it.

John  W.
M.U.Y.A. wrote:

You could always share the pics of the guitar on here and people will be able to help you with authenticating it.

Thanks!   Yes,  already did,  and was helped short order. 

Here's the unit

https://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963224/posts/4699356-fake-esp-custom-shop

Kostya R.

When you are in college or university, the main problem of a student is time management. The fact is that students are mostly at a very young age, when they are just starting to live like an adult. And of course, everyone wants to go to parties and meet with the opposite sex. And here in the university and college they give so many tasks that there is not enough time for anything. Therefore, I recommend young students and female students to buy custom essay. This is an essay writing service that will help you set up your time management. You will be able to learn basic subjects. But you can delegate less priority tasks to the essay writing service. It's not as expensive as it seems, but you can really do everything. In some forums I wrote about it and also many students support this idea. By the way, there is nothing wrong with that. Because in this way you simply optimize your time, and moreover, earn high marks.

Samuel D. Darden

The characters in MultiVersus are without a doubt the game's most fun feature. Many characters are available for free, while others are restricted, while others are upcoming, and yet more have supposedly been leaked but haven't yet received formal announcements. So, if you want to know new characters in that game, check out this multiversus roster leak. And don’t forget to share it. By the way, READ: Persona 5 Royal True Ending Step By Step Guide, and if possible play this game with your friends.

Brent D.

Hello guys, sorry to barge into the topic but I think I own a pretty weird Explorer. I swapped it with a guy who said he got it from someone who hade it custom made. I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what it is.. 

It has a Kahler trem, Schaller locks and a EMG 60-81 Set. 

James M.

I have a MX 250 I am considering selling. It’s a set neck, early 2000’s custom order (I believe) near mint condition, original case. 
Does anyone have any input on what it might be worth?

Post to Thread