KH-2 Vintage Or Purple Sparkle Or Standart KH

Updated
 KH-2 Vintage Or Purple Sparkle Or Standart KH

Hi everybody,
here I would like to buy a new KH:
So I can have the Vintage (4600 €) or the Purple (4400) or Standart KH bolt-on (2700).

I ask myself a few questions this shows my first ESP and I can not test them:
1. on the vintage there are traces of wear ok, but is there any varnish above, I suspect that the wood is not open area?
2.the vintage model is in stock in Germany apparently, and the purple and the standart are on order, I saw on the neck of the Vintage there is signature serie, but on the purple it is written custom, there is Is there a difference in quality between the two?
3.I find it a bit funny that the seller can have one available in new, my question is about the boxing, is there a sealing like the custom gibson to be sure it is unopened?
4. I spoke with secondhand vintage KH riders and they told me that old custom is better than 2018 custom, is that right?

Many thanks in advance
Nicolas of France

cordially

ESP 348

The Vintage and Purple Sparkle are both Custom Shop guitars.

I own a 2006 Vintage and I love it, I think it's one of my best ESPs in regards to tone and feel.

Big Daddy on the forum just received his Purple Sparkle guitar. He thinks its awesome and possibly the best sounding ESP he owns as it has the new EMG Kirk Hammett Bone Breaker pickups in it.

I am going to order a Purple Sparkle myself, but I still think the Vintage is an awesome guitar and you will be extremely happy with it.

Another forum member Nate has a 2013 Vintage or possibly 2015 Vintage and he absolutely loves it also.

In regards to the 'relic' on the guitar, I think the wood is exposed, yes. Could be wrong, but it doesn't affect the guitar in anyway.

I own a 2001 KH2 Relic guitar and there is nothing wrong with it.

Starck N.

Thank you very much for your return!
it helped me (to confirm my choice), especially that we can not test these guitars.

So the guitar GEV KH2V was sent and I get it on Tuesday (I found it from a French supplier at 4599 €)
I would try to make some pictures, and I could answer my questions lol!
Thanks again

ESP 348

That is wonderful Starck!! Congrats bro, I am looking forward to seeing pics.

Starck N.

I put other pics the next week , i have only pics from the shop

The guitar is very nice

ESP 348

Awesome man!!! What a great looking guitar! I am looking forward to seeing more pics.

NRudy

i use my esp kh-2 vintage everyday for hours its the most solid guitar I have, but i have not played many others. my vintage is from 2015 and i have one from 2016 they are super comfortable musical and very well made. I think the 2015 version I have as a playing guitar is really top notch. I got a very very good one. enjoy! this guitar is a beast and the perfect guitar to play some tallica solos on, loving the new album.

ESP 348

I love my 2006 Vintage also Nate, one of the best guitars I own I reckon.

muhammad anwar

esp kh is the best sounding,feel and quality guitar for the price.....ive compare it with my greenburst and esp kh-2 ntb ss serai;;;....vintage win....heres mine...esp kh vintage 2018

Guiguitarz

Beautiful and excellent guitar 

(Why hiding the serial on the CoA and not on the headstock ...? We can see that it's E2131172, and these are not sensible to show ...)

Breadfan32

Congrats on an awesome guitar.  I've owned a couple at one point.  Great choice!

ESP 348

Yes, sensational guitars guys! Here is a pic of mine from 2006.

Post to Thread