Your Custom Shop Experience

Updated
Your Custom Shop Experience

Probably 100 of these forums but I'll make one to.

So if you have purchased custom shop guitar before, give us your experience.

What model did you get? What specs do you have? and if you don't mind, what did the cost come to?

Would love to see some varying prices with different specs.

ESP 348

You have definitely ordered some cool guitars there Big Daddy!!

That Ouija would have been cool to own now. Hell, even owning all of them would have been cool 20 years later.

Looking forward to seeing what you have planned next....

Kevin S.

Colin Groove

What year? (Sorry I don't understand the codes on the headstock).

load more replies (2 of 2)
ESP 348

Very nice guitar Kevin.

HateEvent

A friend was living in Tokyo and went into the Big Boss store to enquire about placing an order. I then communicated the spec to him and ordered a vintage white MX-II with a rosewood board back in February.

It was supposed to take 12 months. Fast forward to July and the guitar was finished and ready for delivery.

Received progress update pictures a month or two after the order was placed and everything was painless. Very satisfying process.

CreepinDeath81

Jeez, that was fast. I've heard up to 13 months for builds that aren't too spec crazy. I placed an order last month and haven't heard much other than a few questions about the build specs. 6 months would be a dream.

Lewis_08

My brother ordered mine and HE's beasts (2 x MX2 VW) , they came out better than expected and to a spec i have wanted for such a long time.

I also have a CS MX2 SW i bought from the Craft House in 2008, their service was simply fantastic and the set up has still not had to be re-done!

As said they ended up 6 months early with build pics (as per my profile image). I was so shocked , and so was our bank accounts lol!!

The reason was that they tried to get them as fast as they could as they knew my brother had a finite time in Japan, their effort was def appreciated.

Scott S.

Typically how long does it take to get a quote back from ESP? I am on 2 weeks as of now. Also, who are the preferred ESP Custom dealers here in the States?

Thanks,

Scott

ESPEXP

That depends...some quotes I've received in a few days, some a few weeks. I like DCGL for customs in the states. I haven't worked with anyone else in the US.

Colin Groove

Would you mind giving us the contact info to get a quote here?

ESPEXP
Colin Groove
ESPEXP wrote:

www.drumcityguitarland.com ...talk to Jason

Thanks, man! Is that just your local dealer?

ESPEXP

No

Scott S.
ESPEXP wrote:

www.drumcityguitarland.com ...talk to Jason

Thats who I’m working through!

ESPEXP

I custom ordered a Snow White MX-250 back in 2006 through a dealer in Tokyo. It had the all the standard specs except sperzel locking tuners and an EMG 60. It was quick...took about 3 months to get. I think it cost me $3400 at the time.

Colin Groove

I don't usually like explorers but I love these, especially in ivory!

Prices probably doubled since you made your order back then.

ESP 348

Definitely a quick turn around 3 months.

ESPEXP

Yea but it was closer to 3-4 months. It was standard specs. Nothing really “Custom” about it other than drilling for sperzels and EMG 60.

Scott S.

Does the quote/spec sheet Process typically take like forever? I have been working through a quote/spec sheet now for 5 weeks. I got a quote over two weeks ago but wanted to change the body wood and pick-up and am still waiting to hear back from ESP. Is this typical? I mean its the same spec sheet with two minor changes. Seems simple to me.

Alyssa T.

well, that is pretty interesting, what can I say 

Colin Groove

I'm inquiring about a custom order.. Will keep you guys posted.

ESP 348

Let us know Colin.

Colin Groove

It would take about 10 months and it would cost $8,564.29 Canadian. I could probably make it work somehow but not right now with bills and mortgage I am paying at the moment. I might be able to do it in a year or two :(

Aso

I just placed my order for a custom shop NV with a Schaller Hannes bridge. Now to distract myself from the wait and anticipation.

Colin Groove

Getting anything done to the fretboard or any custom color? 

Aso
Colin Groove wrote:

Getting anything done to the fretboard or any custom color? 

Mahogany body with mahogany/walnut neck(neck thru). Fretboard will have no fret markers besides luminlay side dots.

It will be painted nightshade blue with silver holo-flakes. 

Pretty standard/common build.

ESP 348

Congrats on the order mate, how long is the wait for this beast?

Post to Thread