Purple Lynch Custom Shop

Updated
eastwood875

Hi Guys,

New here and hope you are all well

Back in 2005 I ordered a ESP Custom Shop through the Oxford Guitar Gallery in the U.K. It was essentially a Lynch Kammi in see through purple and featured black hardwear. I think from memory it had Skull and Bones inlays. I sold it 6 years ago I think to a guy in the U.K. Just wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts?

Specs were:

Reverse Hockey Stick Headstock, Black Hardware, 1HB/1SC with Push Pull Volume. See through Purple, Rosewood Board, Maple Neck, Floyd Rose, Skull Inlays I think)

Thanks

Daz

eastwood875

Found an old pic of it. Circa 2005/2006

Daz

ESP 348

Welcome to the forum, nice to hear from you.

Sounds like a cool guitar, any better/larger pics of it?

It's a shame you sold it, even though it's a very unique guitar the chances of finding out where it ended up would be very hard.

eastwood875

Thanks dude

I'm sure I have some bigger/better pics somewhere.

I remember it popping up on ebay a few years ago and I'm sure it appeared on here.

Was a cool guitar and I should never had sold it.

ESP 348

Awesome, if it was on Ebay only a few years ago you might get lucky.

eastwood875

Cheers mate

ZapBrannigan

My first post to the forum and it's sort of breaking news already:

I own that guitar now.

I got it from a guy in the UK via ebay a couple of weeks ago - and the receipt from Oxford Guitar Gallery was still in the case! It's a great player but has obviously seen some action. A cigarette burn mark is on the front of the body, just above the low E string but when the guitar is in playing position the right hand basically covers that up so it's not a big deal really. The guitar is being serviced by a technician right now because the action was set too low and in order to access the truss rod the neck needs to be removed. I'll post a pic when I get home.

Cheers!

ESP 348

Welcome to the forum! Wow, there you go! Lol

Looking forward to seeing some pics

ZapBrannigan

Well, here she is:

ZapBrannigan

...and this is the herd:

CLT-ESP

SWEET ESP collection you have there!!! I love that purple "Kami"!!! I own her older sister. She too was a Custom Shop order for an ESP endorsee in 1998. She came with papers.  Very cool to see another with the same inlays but flip flopped with the light colored inlays on the rosewood fretboard! 

ZapBrannigan
CLT-ESP wrote:

SWEET ESP collection you have there!!! I love that purple "Kami"!!! I own her older sister. She too was a Custom Shop order for an ESP endorsee in 1998. She came with papers.  Very cool to see another with the same inlays but flip flopped with the light colored inlays on the rosewood fretboard! 

Thank you very much for your kind words! When I was doing some online research on the purple Kami a couple weeks ago I came across the picture of the green one. Man, that thing looks so sweet with the maple board and the black inlays! A stunning pair of siblings for sure.

And just in case you don't get that too often : Your collection just blows my mind, totally insane!

Have you every come across a Kami IV with the single skull? I thought I was in for one a year or so ago but it turned out to be a fake...

CLT-ESP
ZapBrannigan wrote:

Thank you very much for your kind words! When I was doing some online research on the purple Kami a couple weeks ago I came across the picture of the green one. Man, that thing looks so sweet with the maple board and the black inlays! A stunning pair of siblings for sure.

And just in case you don't get that too often : Your collection just blows my mind, totally insane!

Have you every come across a Kami IV with the single skull? I thought I was in for one a year or so ago but it turned out to be a fake...

I sincerely appreciate your compliments!!! Thank you! In all of my searches, that's the one Kamikaze I've never run across. It kills me knowing there's a Kamikaze model out there I've yet to at least see in person, let alone own. Always looking though. As you probably guessed, I kind of like them.  

ESP 348

What a great collection of guitars there man. Thanks for posting them up.

Wanna sell the purple Lynch?

Big Daddy B
ZapBrannigan wrote:

...and this is the herd:

In order to be considered a full fledge member, we're gonna need to see pics of the rest of the guitars on the rack stand! (And possibly a close up of that KH-4 looking guitar with the maple neck)

ESP 348

I am kinda digging this 'display stand' Big Daddy.

Shockers

The "Lynch" is amazing.

The Herd.... whoa!

ZapBrannigan

Thank you all for the kind comments on the herd! It took me a couple of years to round them up and since the whole E-II thing came up, used ESPs are getting notably rarer.

As for the display stand: I had been looking for some kind of stand that would enable me to see the guitars up front rather than having them lined up vertically in a multistand. At first I had considered mounting a board to the wall fitted with horizontal guitar hangers. While still pondering this option, I came across the display stand by chance. A guy who had formerly been working in a guitar store sold it to me for pretty reasonable money. Setting the thing up was a royal pain though. So far, it's self supporting and it seems pretty stable. Still, I'm planning to anchor it to wall some day.

As for becoming a fully-fledged member: I'll do what it takes, good sir!  The ESPs that I own are in the picture. There are a couple more guitars though, Robins, Charvels, Ibanezes, a Jackson, a Peavey and a Grass Roots GMM 60 from way back when I was a student and just couldn't afford the real deal. If you'd still like to see them, I'll be glad to show you the whole team.

As for the M-II with the pickguard: From what I understand, it's indeed the guitar that some people here like to call the "board whore". I have always liked the looks of the KH-4. The only thing that bugged me about it - apart from the $$ and the Metallica thing (no offense) - was the rosewood board. The guitar is basically a "well traveled" regular black Deluxe with two EMG 81s and a Floyd. It's rear routed so the perloid pickguard has got to be an aftermarket job. But it's very well made and I think it looks great! As someone noted, it's a guitar you can play a wedding with.

As for possibly wanting to sell the Lynch: Nope.  Well, at least not at the moment.

ESP 348

Thanks for sharing Zap, would also love to see more pics of the collection.

Post to Thread