ESP MX-220 or MX-250

Updated
ESP MX-220 or MX-250

Hi!

Can someone teel me if my ESP MX-??? is the MX250 or the MX220. I have, as you see in the pictures a 1998 ESP EXP that has a bit different shape, ecpecially the lower "wing" wich is a bit rounder than in the EXP. As I seen here on the Forum I think it is made in -94 but unceratain of that too. You could also see that the pots and hum swith are in line contrary to most of the ESP MX´s I´ve seen before. Could this be a 80´s MX? or what is it? When looking on pics of Hetfeilds "Fuck 'em" black Explorer it seems most similar..?

Compare the Check out the knobs, not as the others I¨ve seen29 aug 1994, number 63 that day?

Pushead

It's a 220 body shape.  I don't know the year.  It knob layout is similar to Gibson, but the earliest MX designs I'm aware of have the same step at the neck joint as a Gibson as well.  It wasn't until later that they moved to a level neck-joint.

Frans M.

The headstock looks more of an ESP MX-250 doesnt it? the 220 is more of a banana if I recall?

Think its made 23.08.1991 and it´s the 463 guitar made..?

Tondog

First time I've seen that knob layout on an ESP. The headstock is definitely a 250 type. 

GuitarsCollector

Yes is a mid 250 and mid 220...

Like the Hetfield's:

"FUK EM UP" for example...

Or identical to Hetfield's "Seymour Duncan"...

Great guitar...

If it was a "good pot scheme" it would cost a lot of money!!!

Tondog

Nah. FUK EM UP was a 220 that he got in late 1988 or early '89. I saw that one first-hand in June of 1989.

load more replies (2 of 2)
Frans M.

It has everything the "fuck em up" guitar has except for the pots/knobs/switch that looks identical to the mx250 SD u linked. It has ebony fretboard for example.. So I reckon a late mx220 that seems unusual or rare seeing the knob scheme..?

thanx for the links

Post to Thread