ESP Explorer

Updated
ESP Explorer

Well hi y'all ESP fans!  I have a black ESP Explorer which I bought new back in 1995 when I was really, really obsessed by Metallica. The guitar has been laying in it's case for years without seen any real use but occasional "I feel like playing Leper Messiah with volume on 11" type of playing. I love Metallica's first five albums and like to listen to them every now and then but I'm pretty much all rockabilly nowdays. So I was thinking of selling the guitar but I want it to have a good home in hands of some young thrasher (I'm 41 now) with a heart of flames.  Well it seems that it isn't enough to say that I'm selling ESP Explorer since there seems to be quite a few different versions. Maybe you can help me out with this. As I previously mentioned I bought it new in 1995 from a respected ESP dealer here in Finland. The guitar is black with bolt-on neck and is supposed to have two EMG-81s, the headstock logo is greyish with gold drop shadow in front and on the rear it says ESP custom guitars in white round logo and there is a grey sticker that says Made in Japan. The serial number is 18118 if I remember it correctly.

Thanks you for your help,

Josey

ESP 348

Cool guitar! Best of luck with the sale man.

Josey S.

Thanks.

Josey S.

1100€ + UPS / FedEx shipping. The price is for the guitar and the case. The case is really battered as I have said. The guitar will be delivered with new set of strings, frets filed by a professional and I will check the intonation too. I work at a logistics center so I have access to good packaging materials.

boogie20

OK thanks. That's a bit too much for my Canadian dollar. Lol. Good luck with the sale.

Josey S.

Thanks.

Sam N.

Hey man!

I have always loved explorers, guess it's mainly because my biggest idols are Papa James and Jesper Strömblad (former In Flames). I currently have an epiphone explorer which, unfortunately, I'm not really satisfied with. I therefore have been starting to look around for another explorer.

I then happen to stuble across a thread here at the forum and someone mentioned that you had an esp exp for sale and I thought it was worth a try to contat you.

That being said, you probably understand that I'm interested in buying your guitar. I'm new to the forum so is there a way to shoot you a private message or should I contact you over e-mail? If it's not too much to ask for I would want some more pictures of the guitar.

Have a nice day!

Cheers!

Edit: I found out how to send a PM.

Anthony M.

hey (: I've been looking for an explorer like my whole life! It's my dream guitar! would you ever consider shipping to America?? If so I don't know what i would do about the conversion of American dollars but still any info would be great! (:    well if you still have the guitar haha
Thanks! 

Josey S.

Hi Anthony! I have sent you a friend request so that we can chat in private. At the moment I am reserving the guitar to Sam (see the message above yours) but it's been a while since I've heard anything of him. If he decides not to buy the guitar, then it's for sale again.

Anthony M.

Alright cool! I'm not guaranting that will be able to buy it if he doesn't but thanks for messaging me (:

Jeremy D.

I would buy that guitar in a heart beat. I live in Canada and its not the shipping I'm concerned with. Any Canadian should really worry about the DUTY they charge coming through customs. It could be $20 for every $100 you spent on that guitar. Definetly look into that if you live in Canada and want to purchase this guitar.

Josey S.

Thanks. I remember checking this site out couple of years ago. I now see that my guitar was made in 1994. It definately has a rosewood fingerboard as the site says.

GuitarsCollector

Yes my website is always under construction...added a lot of things every week. Stay tuned!!!

GuitarHitler G.

░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀██████▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░█████████▄
░░░░░▀▀▀▀█████▌░▀▐▄░▀▐█U HAVE BEEN FASTED BY 
░░░▀▀█████▄▄░▀██████▄██
░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀█▄▀█════█▀
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄░░▀▀███░▀░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░▄███▀▀██▄████████▄░▄▀▀▀██▌
░░░██▀▄▄▄██▀▄███▀░▀▀████░░░░░▀█▄THE FAST MASTER
▄▀▀▀▄██▄▀▀▌████▒▒▒▒▒▒███░░░░▌▄▄▀
▌░░░░▐▀████▐███▒▒▒▒▒▐██▌
▀▄░░▄▀░░░▀▀████▒▒▒▒▄██▀
░░▀▀░░░░░░▀▀█████████▀
░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██████▀█
░░░░░░▄██▀░░░░░▀▀▀░░█
░░░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░▄▄▄▄█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄▄▄▀▀▄
▌░░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀
░▀▀▄▄▀SEND THIS TO 7 OTHER PEOPLE OR UR TOO SLOW

Josey S.

Just sold the guitar.

keilo

Hi Josey

Was wondering how the frets would look like after polishing, did you take a picture after by any chance?

How much did it go for?

cheers

Post to Thread