Help with my Explorer USA Custom

Updated
Help with my Explorer USA Custom

HI All, first post!!!

I have had this ESP Explorer USA Custom for ages now but I have no history and not seen anything like it anywhere else.. I paid £1000 about 10 years ago from a music shop in the UK.. It was second hand then??

It has a number I think its a "081" Stamped on the fretboard?? So I dont think this is a one off custom and may have been one of a number of guitars??

Came with a ESP hardcase.... Its also a bolt-on neck??

Anyone have any ideas??

If you need any more info and photos just ask, I would really like to know this history and age of this guitar???

Thanks again!!

Pushead

Does it say USA custom at the headstock?  I've never seen one like that.

However, a US based shop ordered a few (10 comes to mind) natural EXP guitars in the late 90s or so.  Drum City Guitar Land is the company, perhaps you could send them a few pictures and ask if your guitar is one from their run.

rossd001

It does say ESP USA Custom on the headstock... It seems a really odd spec... Its a bolt on for a start???? and the body is 2 peice?? You can see the line running down the middle of the guitar where the wood grain changes???

Pushead

Hmm, can't say as I've ever seen an ESP USA Explorer.

The bolt-on is reasonably common.  The MX-II (or MX-250II) was never really released in the US.  The only production model that made it here was the EXP model, which was a bolt-on model with ESP Custom on the headstock.  It was the same body and neck design as the LTD models, and came out in the 97-2000ish time frame.

rossd001

Thats a lot more information that I currently have, thanks... If I can get more photos and the serial number is there anywhere I can go to find out exactly where it came from and when??

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread