Custom Order vs Special Order

Updated
Mr.Dahl
Yeah, wtf is the difference???? :rolleyes::rolleyes: I've seen alot of ESP Special Orders at Pro Music Tools and Guitar Rebellion.
Geetarguy70

I dunno if this helps dude but my lefty ESP Snakebytes were special orders but not custom shop. They are usually rarer standard guitars the store special purchases. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on it

mbesp

Pretty sure it is a standard guitar with small feature changes like a special color, custom is anything you want it to be.

JSHRED

ESP was doing something loosely called "Standard Custom" that they weren't really advertising. But you could say, hey, I want a Horizon NT-II, but in Green, with dot inlays, pointy headstock and blackouts. And they might do it for ~$500 more than the usual standard for that model.

I have recently been told officially that ESP is no longer doing this, and full custom shop is now the only avenue for custom work. Unfortunately this usually means at least $6K for a guitar, as opposed to $2200 or whatever for most standard customs.

Roger Carvalho

yeah you right !!!

Explorer45

It is indeed custom optioned standard series guitars. If you look at the serial number you'll se that they start with PMT (short for Pro Music Tools).

Mr.Dahl

Yeah, I saw it now. Missed it..... PMT. Guitar Rebellion had a couple of Special Orders too around 1699-1899 euros. while PMT's prices were way over 2000 euros. They're expensive as hell.. Anyway, Guitar Center told me that they can Special Order it to me. I don't think there should be any problem yet. Cuz there are still some Standars left in production. Gotta ask ILT in Sweden too,.... But anyway, I'm gonna buy that guitar either way. Custom Shop or Special Order. Btw, you can change the language to English too.

JSHRED

Language isn't a problem, I was just saying it's hard to compare apples-to-apples with different currencies, especially when things like EU VAT taxes get involved.

Which one are you buying, green or faded blue? Both are sweet, but I do love that faded blue-jeans finish.

Mr.Dahl

Yeah, I know. But Guitar Rebellion is much cheaper than PMT. The same guitars there for 1699 euros, while PMT have them for 1999 euros+. The green one! I just love it! 2600 euros's around 3800$. I might get it for 2500-3000 usd if I'm lucky :hat I dunno about Sweden though. They guitars are least cheaper than PMT's .. Anyway, I'm moving to LA in September. GC and studiogears told me they can special order it to me. White or black binding? Which looks better? Can't decide......

Mr.Dahl

Didn't know you got fucked in the ass yesterday :/:/

Explorer45

In times like these the forum could definately need more than one mod.. Grow up people.

Gfunk

Please attempt to get over yourself, and your Volvo.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Road King

I just checked with my expert on OP's, and he agrees that OP is a phaggot.

In times like these the forum could definately need more than one mod.. Grow up people.
And what exactly would this extra Mod do in this situation?

Explorer45

I just don't understand where all the agression and immature responses comes from. Why not behave like civilised mature adults? Come at me all you want with the rasist comments but all it does is proove my point.
Does it stem from a bad upbringing? What do I know.. I just wish the common decency would return to the forum someday.

Road King

I just don't understand where all the agression and immature responses comes from. Why not behave like civilised mature adults? Come at me all you want with the rasist comments but all it does is proove my point.
Does it stem from a bad upbringing? What do I know.. I just wish the common decency would return to the forum someday.
If you don't understand something, then it's best just to STFU. lol at saying pics and words on a screen show aggression.

Pushead

This is the most commonly decent this forum has ever been.

Explorer45

This is the most commonly decent this forum has ever been.

Maybe I remember wrong then. Well, I guess things aren't likely to change anyway so might aswell live with it.

Explorer45

I will shut up. Clearly our values and views on what common decency is differ greatly..

Geetarguy70

I will shut up. Clearly our values and views on what common decency is differ greatly..

Welcome to the board dude

Mr.Dahl

and btw, gfunk just showed the whole forum that he's a fag :/:/ and volvo?? yeah, it's way better than all your crappy american cars.

Mr.Dahl

this thread went fubar ^^

Road King

this thread went fubar ^^
due to gayfunk
But this thread went phaggot due to OP.

Mr.Dahl

due to gayfunk

Post to Thread