Other pickups for my esp svii camo

Updated
Other pickups for my esp svii camo
HI Guys, I have this guitar loaded with 81/81 set, sounds good but probably I want more presence and bottom end, I am running tru a JCM 2203KK head, mesa cab WGS retro30s 4x12 and custom 2x12 WGS ET65 and VET30. My style is more a mix of modern/melodic and technical death metal (COB, devildriver, in flames, soilwork) To me sounds great but I wonder if I install some other pickups can achieve better sound, probably Blackouts, EMG-85? I was thinking in passives as well like bareknuckles or SD. See my guitar specs: SPECIFICATIONS CONTROLS Neck-Thru-Body 25.5" Scale Alder Body Maple Neck Ebony Fingerboard 42mm Locking Nut Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Nickel Hardware Gotoh Tuners Floyd Rose Original Bridge EMG 81 (B & N) p.u. Finish: UC (Urban Camo) Master Volume 3-Way Toggle
GUAMAIK

I play in drop C, strings 10-50 DR

Wyvern Claw

If you're looking for more low-end, the pickups in my Jackson RR1 provide a ton of that, and the specs are very close to yours (Maple neck, alder body, neck-thru construction, OFR). Those pickups are a Seymour Duncan SH2 at the neck and a Seymour Duncan TB4 at the bridge.

Additionally, the Seymour Duncan JBL in my ESP custom shop provides most of the low-end I hear in my RR1, as well as the high-end, cutting frequencies I hear in my Ibanez Jem.

So for a bridge pickup at least, I'd say the JBL is the best balanced pickup I've heard yet. Though keep in mind my ESP has a fixed bridge and is made of Korina, not alder. So there might be a difference if you were to toss it in your guitar.

MV-CTM

try out a blackout neck or EMG 85

WildeStarr

Take the 81 out of the neck, and put in an 89R.

:cool:

JSHRED

I love me some Blackouts for metal.

I am waiting for someone to try the new Black Hawks from BareKnuckle. They're supposed to be like passive Blackouts, and from what I hear, BKP can almost do no wrong.

GUAMAIK

What abaout Ceramic Warpigs? someone have tried those in alder wings, maple neck tru guitar?

JSHRED

I haven't personally, but the BKP pickups website has a great forum community. I'd see if anyone else has posed that very question.
I also hear Aftermath is a good pup.

Annia

Emg 85 FTW

GUAMAIK

And SD Blackouts? I have a pair AHB1 can get from a friend, somebody tried those?

Murdoc

Emg 85 FTW
+1 ...85 in da bridge!!!

JSHRED

Yes, I have a set of Blackouts in one of my guitars. I highly recommend them. I would rip EMG 81/85 out of any guitar and replace with Blackouts, without a second thought.
They are big and powerful, but they have real living breathing tone. Hard to describe without using cliches like "organic" or "open."

GUAMAIK

Well, sounds EMG85 in the bridge or AHB1 in the actives side, somebody with some recomendation regarding passives in this guitar?

JSHRED

I'd try the Black Hawks from BKP. Basically a passive Blackout from what I understand.
From Duncan I like Distortions. From Dimarzio I am personally having good experience with the Crunch Lab, but some of the other guys here seem to really like the Dominion pickup for metal. I'd consider trying that too.

Some day I really want to try Doug Aldrich pickups from Suhr, but those might be better suited for a more versatile hard rock setup, than a black metal sound. For that kind of thing, I'd also think about some other BKP's. Aftermath, nailbomb, miracle man, etc.

GUAMAIK

OK guys, I just receive a paired set of Bareknuckle Warpigs as a gift =P, I will install in the SVII to test those, I will let you know how it works.
I will do the EMG-85 test in my other guitar, a ESP Horizon 1997 (81/85 set)

cfhmachado

85 in the bridge

hebs74

Try a Dimazio evelution passive pu.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread