mx250

Updated
boomer
hi guys im a new member and was wondering if someone can help me source a mx250 , i know this is a common question but im a bit shocked at the price of one on ebay at the moment is this the going rate or am i just way off the mark ! i was looking at about £1200-£1400 i have got a friend in usa and japan but finding one is harder than i thought
mbm88

With all the MX posts here in the last week I feel like you may get any answer between $1200 USD and $4500 USD. I feel like the one on ebay right now is more expensive than the last one I saw, but I don't keep track. Good luck! (Dust, rust, and shipping may all be factors?).

actionshark

I use a lightning rod attached to a series of wires connected to my local clock tower.

Dark Alone

The key thing there is "lefty."

Geetarguy70

I just thought righties would be less is all. My Trucksters were more than the righty's so they just seem to cost more. I saw a righty Exp a few months ago for 2k and nobody bid on it and it was the righty version of mine, bolt on, sperzels etc

Gfunk

I just thought righties would be less is all. My Trucksters were more than the righty's so they just seem to cost more. I saw a righty Exp a few months ago for 2k and nobody bid on it and it was the righty version of mine, bolt on, sperzels etc

So you have an EXP not an MX. That explains the price.

When you reply, please put your answer above the quote. Thanks!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Geetarguy70

Thanks Pushead! I looked at the card again today and it says "MX" but it is written in ink so the dude at the factory just wrote the wrong thing in. That's what I figured and makes sense. Thanks!

Pushead

When it's custom or special ordered like yours, I'm sure they call it whatever they used to describe it at the shop. For the production guitars, the bolt-on ESP and LTD explorers that made it to the US were called EXP models. Ultimately it doesn't matter, but most of the users around here would expect an MX to be set neck.

(ESP also had MX models which were strat shapes in the US back in the early 2000s. There's always something there to add some confusion to the mix.)

Justinschut

The LTD EXP-300 is set neck as well tho

Pushead

You shut your mouth!

Oh, well no one likes those, anyway.

Justinschut

True, they have too many trems

kristomizer

I've got a question and didn't think it was worth starting another mx thread

I'm for Australia and I've been searching for a mx250 for a very long time but can't find any in my area or Australian ebay, and when I find them on an international ebay for a reasonable price, they either, won't ship to australia or charge so much that it is no longer in my price range.

so my question is, can they still be ordered from the esp custom shop? i know that would be a little more than ebay but it'd probably be worth it

guitarsatbmusic

I don't know what your idea of a reasonable price is, but if you got a new one it wouldn't be less than what you're seeing them for used

Metlupass2

When I shipped my old neck thru Mirage down under it was like $350, which was fuckin crazy. I can't image how much it would cost to ship that huge MX case.

tollund

Yep, take a secondhand MX add in duty, brokerage fees, GST, shipping + all the rest - you're looking at $4500 at least to get it to your door from anywhere internationally.

Post to Thread