New Mirage Custom

Updated
actionshark
Hello I just bought my first ESP recently it a mirage custom. I would like to know the differences between the mirages that say the mirage instead of just mirage and what is the difference between custom and deluxe?
1point8t

Is this an older one? If so... Customs meant neck through body construction, while the Deluxes were the bolt on version.

actionshark

Guy from ESP said late 80s it has a Jackson style headstock.

1point8t

Yea, that era is what I'm talking about. A Mirage Deluxe would have the same hardware and pickups as the Custom version, but the difference would be bolt on vs. neck-through. I've owned both, they're great. The older ESP's have something the new ones lack...

actionshark

A while ago a friend of mine had a late 80s mirage that looked similar to mine but it just had the ESP logo on the headstock, and one I saw on eBay just said mirage custom with no the. What is the difference between these?

1point8t

Not sure why they dropped the 'THE' off the name, but then again, most stuff with older ESP's is tough to answer! If his just said 'ESP' it's possible it was a guitar assembled in the 48th St. custom shop, and the ESP logo could have been added after the fact. From what I've seen, every production model ESP has some kind of model designation on the headstock, even in the early days.

Metlupass2

How about some pictures already?!

BLS

+1 ^

Post to Thread