Opinions on used ESP M1 Custom from the 80's

Updated
soulsoffire
A friend of mine has an offer for a used ESP M1 Custom which was probably build between 1980 and 1990. Has anybody ever owned or played one of these ESPs? The guitar is equipped with an ESP floyed rose, ESP humbucker with active electronic, etc.. Is it comparable with today Customs in his sound and the build quality (e.g. wood)? What is the value of such a ESP today? Thank you very much in advance for your help and answers!!!
Tommyo17

Needs a black and a white one

Justinschut

Don't think I've ever seen a white one.. might be cool. Pretty sure they didn't make em in white but would be a nice refinish for a banged up one

1point8t

I have seen a pearl white one on ebay a while back....it was purrrdy.

Tommyo17

When & what'd they go for (if you don't mind)?

1point8t

I sold them off probably 3 years ago. The yellow one went for $800, the red one wasn't in nearly as good of shape and I sold it for $500, and the Horizon I let go of cheap for $600. I needed quick cash...

Tommyo17

Been there, but with motorcyles.
Looks like a dimebucker in the yellow, how'd the EMG compare to that in the m-i?

Justinschut

I don't like Dimebuckers, based on my experience with them

Spoonylove

the red one wasn't in nearly as good of shape and I sold it for $500
:|

Tommyo17

Need to get them all together for a group shot

Justinschut

You can post pics of it, as long as there's atleast 1 (one) ESP in the shot :p

Tommyo17

Not possible at the moment, but added my ESP as my avatar, hope that covers it until I can get a group shot :)

Tommyo17

Niiiiiiccce

cecilbag

Sweet guitar man. You're the only other amberburst m1 custom I've seen check my avatar or my pics are in the equipment section

Justinschut

Those don't really look like swirls tho... looks more like what they did with the Truckster

cecilbag

the ones i've seen like the ones you pictured were called predator graphics. I don't know if this is what they were officially called but it seems to be what most call them. Theres been one for sale on guitar center used for awhile but they want stupid money for it like most things at guitar center:rollin:hat

Justinschut

That pink one is so awesome, was for sale a while back but didn't have the cash

cecilbag

I definately want to pick up another one someday they're great guitars and so comfortable

actionshark

Swirls look awesome.

Post to Thread