grass roots

Updated
wish i was hetfield
hi bit of a new boy question , ive been offered a explorer grass roots guitar i know the quaility is no where near the custom version but is it worth getting and fitting new emgs etc or should i just not both really cant afford to buy a custom but love the fact its a similar neck etc to the customs , any help would be great
1point8t

If the price is right, why not? GrassRoots is ESP's lower line of guitars, on par with the lower end LTD's. But...even the low end LTD's are great in their own right, compared to others in the price range. EMG's should run ya around $180 for the Zakk set, so if you can make it happen under $500 for the guitar and pickups, why not...

wish i was hetfield

yeah gd shout , do any of the emg pick ups fit and will 81 , 60 , combo best for playing rock metal

konan

price?

wish i was hetfield

im on a budget for upgrading really but can probably spend up to $300 on it

Justinschut

should be a pretty decent guitar with some EMG's in it.. if you wanna be Hetfield, put the 81 and 60 in there

wish i was hetfield

yeah im hoping it will ply nice really cant afford a custom as nice as that would be , new boy question but do all emg pickups fit or do i need a certain model for the grass roots version?

1point8t

Any EMG's should fit just fine in there, since its just a standard humbucker route. 81/60 would be the ideal choice, I like the 60 a little better than the 85 in the neck position.

wish i was hetfield

gutted my mate doesnt wanna let the grass roots go now i really wanna get one as well and refurb it do my own paint scheme the lot does anyone have one for saletehy would ship to the uk or know where i cn get one ???

wish i was hetfield

nice guitar, yeah i think there are quite smart guitars and can be made gd just gotta try and get hold of one now want the explorer one though really

xchumfiestax

:rollin

|I

MetallibangeR

:rollin
+1

Post to Thread