Custom Shop PRICING???

Updated
Custom Shop PRICING???
I'm sure this topic has been touched on. But has anyone on here ordered a Custom Shop guitar, nothing too crazy. And how much it was after MSRP?
creativename11

There not cheap thats for sure ive had a quote and it was clearly not an option for me.

alien.imprint

I was going to special order the 2009 Page Hamilton MG Horizon (distressed magenta) without the Fenderization, and it's going to be in the $3000-$3400 range.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Custom Order quote I filled out on ESP guitars, came to the same $4400-$4500 MSRP

GuitarmanST

yah- My quote was about 5,000-5,500

paying 3,800 from my retailer.

alien.imprint

yah- My quote was about 5,000-5,500

paying 3,800 from my retailer.

That sounds good to me, guessing mine will be in the $3200-$3500 range.

Here is a short list of the specs I want if anyone had something done similiar?

6-String (Right Handed)
Horizon Shape
Alder Body
TonePros TOM String Thru or Wilkinson VS-100 (haven't decided yet)
Grover Tuners
EMG Pickups
ESP Pointed 6-In-Line
Reverse Headstock
Rosewood Fingerboard
No Inlays
Maple Neck

load more replies (1 of 1)
GuitarmanST

Neck threw or no.. It adds on about 1000 on quote ( maybe only 500$ on actual price)

i bet you can get a pretty reasonable guitar if your going bolt on

alien.imprint

Neck threw or no.. It adds on about 1000 on quote ( maybe only 500$ on actual price)

i bet you can get a pretty reasonable guitar if your going bolt on

I was going Bolt-On, but I think the Set-Neck would be better for that more I guess you could say "expensive/custom" look. Since it didn't affect the quote pricing. But if they are still 6+ months out on the Custom Shop builds. Then I may just go the Neck-Thru route. Since the dealer I'm going through is only asking for $1500 down. Then I can just pay on it every month like a layaway option. I'll have to make my final decision on that area before the week is over. Then there is no going back.

TheTesla

I know this is an old thread but, I have an ESP custom with the bolt-on neck it has served me well, very well in fact, my strap failed one night and it took a dive straight on the neck and it was fine. Bolt-ons have never given me problems.

GuitarmanST

...Confusing? I have noticed a bump up on the Quote from the re-due i had to fill out compared to the original.

Mhuizer1980

Is it still possible to order a MX250 model?

xchumfiestax

what country are you in?

alien.imprint

Here in the states, the dealer I talked to about that. Said he would have to order from a different distributor (Australia) to get one shipped here. But then shipping to both parts of the world would be a factor.

load more replies (2 of 2)
guitarsatbmusic

One single, solitary standard series with no inlays, colour and hardware change huh? Same dealer who told you he could get you an MX from Australia?

guitarsatbmusic

Thanks for the link, I am aware of it. Those guitars are standard models for export, may be custom ordered to the US, but they're not custom standards.

And GuitarManST, is the :good dealer" you speak of the one who got you a Horizon body instead of a Horizon-III? :)

Pharaoh

And GuitarManST, is the :good dealer" you speak of the one who got you a Horizon body instead of a Horizon-III? :)

:lol

guitarsatbmusic

They are custom shop, as the titles and serial numbers state

alien.imprint

Here is what the dealer said about the MX

"Technically they're not supposed to be for the US market. Last I checked we could get them through an Australian distributor, but it was super expensive to ship. We would have to pay shipping to Australia, then to here"

guitarsatbmusic

Here is what the dealer said about the MX

"Technically they're not supposed to be for the US market. Last I checked we could get them through an Australian distributor, but it was super expensive to ship. We would have to pay shipping to Australia, then to here"

Well, I can't buy them from the Australian distributor, so no reason they could either

guitarsatbmusic

OK

Ian D.

How does one get a quote? 

Do you just send in the order form?

Dave R.

You download the form, fill it out and email or bring in to your authorized ESP Dealer. They will take it from there.

Ian D.

Can i print it out and fill it out by hand?

Nick  S.

Does anyone know how much a custom Arrow 401 would be?

Aso
Nick S. wrote:

Does anyone know how much a custom Arrow 401 would be?

Pricing can really vary depending on the specs but you should be ready for it to start around 6k USD. 

Dante O.

Thank you.

Post to Thread