Whats the difference between Custom & Deluxe?

Updated
senol_kh
I am really wondering the difference between Custom models and Deluxe models? I know Custom's are more special but why ESP named those guitars Deluxe??
MV-CTM

they're marketing names, it's like Jackson calling their USA line 'Select' as if they are somehow better than if they weren't 'Select' you know.

Dan

Well, seeing how all deluxe models are LTD's and Customs are...from one of the custom shops in Japan made with higher grade everything, that's the difference.

Gfunk

Well, seeing how all deluxe models are LTD's and Customs are...from one of the custom shops in Japan made with higher grade everything, that's the difference.

I think he was talking about ESPs.

As DJ stated it is simply a marketing series, but I think most older ESP "Custom" series were neck-thru, while most "Deluxe" series ESPs were bolty. That being said, there is no consistency to older ESP methods. I am sure there are many exceptions.

Creepingshredder

Deluxes are nice, but custom is usually a change in wood or inlay and only about 5 were made, unless you mean custom shop, then it is a matter of what you put on the guitar

Post to Thread