Looking for Information About This ESP Guitar

Updated
jtcolumbus
I bought this guitar off of Craig's list for $150 with a hardshell case. The floyd on it was bad - easy replacement. However, there is no serial number (that I can see) on the guitar and I was wondering if someone could help me out with information about it. The headstock says "ESP Custom." Traditionally I'm more of a Fender player, but I gotta say, this is one nice instrument. At some point recently the tuners were changed from something to Ping's. Any thoughts? Much appreciated. General JT
Justinschut

doesnt look right to me either..

But listen to the guy above me, he kows his geetars

Metlupass2

Most definately not an ESP......

nwright

the logo on the pickup is correct, just different ( I think it's the older logo).

I've seen it many time on older EMG selects on ebay.

I agree with Shane and Pus on this guitar being a fake (most definitely the neck). The body does have an M type shape, but that's common, and the control layout is funky.

1point8t

The body looks to be legit...almost the same body shape as the Kamikaze. It could be a 48th St body that had an aftermarket neck added. Fuck it...if it plays and sounds good, who cares? For $100 you did fine.

1point8t

You know, it just dawned on me... LTD made a model in one of their first years of production called the L-2 or something, it was exactly like a Kamikaze but with a solid color paint job. That blue was one of the colors they offered...its possible the original neck got busted and this one was put in place. Just a thought...

DayDay

It Looks like an LTD body and a Off brand replacement neck with an ESP Custom Decal that has been glossed over. I have an M-100 from 2003-2004 that looks just like it except with 2 humbuckers.

Post to Thread