James' Explorers - maple?

Updated
Metfuk
Now, we all know that the regular MX you can get now is made of all mahogany with ebony fretboard. But I've read somewhere that James' Explorers had maple necks. Now I found this (fan) website that claims this: James' ESP guitars (unless otherwise noted): Are built or overseen by Matt Masciandaro. James guitars are neck-through-body constructed. They mainly have maple necks and mahogany bodies. What the hell? Neck through? Can anyone confirm anything? And is the maple necks information even correct to begin with? I always assumed he had maple necks because I read that years ago. Also, in Guitar World 1991 he says that his Explorers are made of 'denser wood than Gibsons, which makes them sound better'. So by this I thought of maple also.
CyVy_84

doesn't teh jaymezes mx have rosewood fretboards instead of ebony???

Sjuge

The truth is, his guitars are made with mystic woods.

Dark Alone

Fuk Em Up isn't purple. It's satin black.

Microdomus

^^Shut up!

Thanx for the info Shinji!

jaymerfortune

^^Shut up!

Thanx for the info Shinji!

i will shut up when you fuck off! metallica died in the 90's so quit sucking james hetfield's dick, its 2009. they died almost 20 years ago, gtfo!

gainiac

Here's a wild one that's true but no one will believe it here - his Gibson Explorer from 1984 was alder bodied, set maple neck and for RTL had Dirty Fingers in it...

Metfuk

Here's a wild one that's true but no one will believe it here - his Gibson Explorer from 1984 was alder bodied, set maple neck and for RTL had Dirty Fingers in it...

I believe that. The stock 1984 Explorers were made of alder with maple necks. Or that is what I've read at various places anyway.

load more replies (1 of 1)
TheDevilHimself

Doesn't Alder and Mahogany sound quite similar anyway?

Curt Daddy

No.

Borked Bob

the band have over 600 hundred guitars so im pretty sure his explorers are different in someway or another

gainiac

Though, James has been using his first KL explorer for cleans for the last decade plus, I think. It's a mahogany neck, but I understand James and KL think the Honduran Rosewood (which is brighter and punchier by most accounts) was key to the tone of that guitar, and so his second one also got the Honduran Rosewood.

Creepingshredder

Iv'e got some old metallica vids from the 90's, and at the end of one song, james takes off hos guitar and throws it to the techie, and there were not bolts or a neck plate

Post to Thread