Does this look legit?

Updated
gainiac
Seller say this is a custom shop, but there's something about it that just strikes me wrong anyway. eBay ESP Explorer I'm aware you can custom order a guitar through Navigator or ESP, but I still wonder, this being actually in China/Hong Kong, what we actually have here?
Throne_Of_Lunacy

i dont like the finish..

gainiac

I'm seeing no truss rod cover, nor screw holes for a truss rod cover.
The finish could easily be a cheap one. Might have been requested, but still looks cheap.
The combination of no pickguard and the control layout - again could be just part of the custom order.
It's coming out of Hong Kong from a relatively new seller with not exactly a ton of ratings.
I kinda think if I was a Chinese fraudster looking to rip off Americans, I might produce guitars that look like this.
I've been through the Navigator custom shop process, and I know they can do just about anything, so I'm not saying it's definitely a fake. Just some odd choices that make me wonder.

phil

I'm seeing no truss rod cover, nor screw holes for a truss rod cover.
The finish could easily be a cheap one. Might have been requested, but still looks cheap.
The combination of no pickguard and the control layout - again could be just part of the custom order.
It's coming out of Hong Kong from a relatively new seller with not exactly a ton of ratings.
I kinda think if I was a Chinese fraudster looking to rip off Americans, I might produce guitars that look like this.
I've been through the Navigator custom shop process, and I know they can do just about anything, so I'm not saying it's definitely a fake. Just some odd choices that make me wonder.

I posted a thread about this guitar a while ago. Its a legit, order built MX220 shape explorer. It was for sale in japan, I believe someone has bought it and is selling it to other coutries. The price is chunkier than it was in japan but thats to be expected.

The things you listed are just part of the custom order. Its just the kinda thing you find in japan. Out of the ordinary customs.

load more replies (1 of 1)
ShreddyMcFunTits

Lets look at the facts:

1) It has no custom shop stamp.
2) There is no Truss Rod
3) The Paint has "peeled" around the truss rod and bottom of the body even though it was made last year (if actually was).

Even on the basis of the 1st 2 I'd say there is a high chance of it being fake.

gainiac

I do think there's a good chance it's real. Just wondering. I collect guitars, and ESPs are interesting to me, and this one is different, and if it's real, I'm sure it's very high quality. I'm not a young guy, so maybe my brain cells aren't so quick as the younger crowd here, or maybe I've just killed more of them. Was that the seller posting here on this thread?

Fikealox

Sixxpounder has an amazing collection of guitars and a very good rep on this forum and at least one other forum I frequent. I don't have a doubt that the guitar's real

Mark K.

wow..that headstock looks killer!!! it looks like painted rosewood...what is it exactly?

bloodstyle

the only thing that looks weird to me is that theres no esp custom in the back AND there is no ® beside the ESP sign and the ESP sign is placed weird. It is easy to place that esp sign because theres no clear coat on the guitar... but it is strangely placed

Gfunk

ESP does not put the "Custom Shop" logo on the back of headstocks of guitars that are intended for the Japanese domestic market.

The logo is inlaid MOP, hence no "R".

load more replies (1 of 1)
Sixstringhotshot

I posted that as a public service. Of course I know what you meant, but the internet is a haven for some of the STUPIDEST people I've ever known....and they probably took what you said literally.

Brono

Benji :lol

sean106OCD

Jesus H Christ how many times do we have to go over this.

In Japan ESP can do what ever they want! My natural Explorer, has a gibby neck heel no TRC, but I added the bell TRC, had no logo but I added that and had a Custom order system COA that matched the serial number that began with a T! Shit over and over, the Japan market....ususually.........does not have the CS circle on it if it is made for the japanese market. Some do some don't. My custom spec's MXII-CTM's had no circle log but came with the custom order system COA and spec sheet. Are they legit?? yes, I fucking paid enough and ordered them directly from a dealer and waited months for them.

ESP just does all sorts of out of the norm things with no TRC's or odd knob cnfigs and everyone thinks they are fake because they dont like like every other fucking mx 250 of mx220 on ebay.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry i need sleep

Post to Thread