Guitar wrong!!!

Updated
nigel211bmw
well guys, my guitar has arrived in the country, 8 months and 1 day it took, and guess what, its wrong . . . . And i'm in the uk not the u.s . . . . I ordered my neck completely scalloped with a reverse headstock . . . And its come with a normal neck and right way round headstock . . . . Apparently esp are going to make me a new neck and send it for the shop to put it on the guitar. I can have the guitar as it is but a new neck is going to take 2 months as esp are moving workshops at the moment . . . . What would you guys do, have it like it is for now and wait for a new neck or wait till the new neck arrives and then have the guitar complete . . . Its so annoying cause hearing the problems some of you have had i called 5 times to make sure it had been done right and i was assured it had been
KirkRhoads

Post pics!

nigel211bmw

I cant post pics yet..........I havent got it, the shop I ordered it through called me to let me know its here but it has been made wrong and it will be another 2 months while they make me a new neck

Llexileon

2 months is nothing. At least the only thing they got wrong is a Neck which can just be bolted onto the body, good thing you didnt want a neckthrough :p . Id ask to see the guitar, check out that everything else looks as awesome as you hoped, and if its just those scallops/headstock reversal that needs sorting, let them build the new neck.

8 weeks is hardly a big deal after waiting 8 months :lol just my opinion anyway.

Brian

What are the rest of the specs?

Dark Alone

And i'm in the uk not the u.s

Your thoughts Shinji?

nigel211bmw

strat style body, chrome hardware, vintage trem, dimarzio pups, pearl pickguard, graphite nut, dunlop 6000 frets, vintage white body colour, satin finish on the back of neck, my name on headstock . . . . They got all of that, just not the reverse headstock and scalloped fretboard

load more replies (3 of 3)
Dark Alone

they are in the middle of a factory move at the minute

Sure they are.

nigel211bmw

thats the most annoying thing. . . . I did say make me a joe stump guitar cause thats exactly what i wanted and they said yeah we have the specs in our archive

load more replies (1 of 1)
nigel211bmw

i even talked to joe stump himself to get the exact specs to make double sure . . . So i filled the form in with what if gave me, i then sent a pic of his guitar and said make it like the one you made him and i called 5 times to make sure it was being made right cause this forum was making me paranoid . . . I dont know what else i could have done

load more replies (1 of 1)
hermz

That really sucks man. Hopefully it all gets fixed up for ya soon.

Dark Alone

The Metroid will return, likely sometime next spring. :)

Piney Hills Music

why so long?

Dark Alone

It's a little countdown until March for me. :)

Piney Hills Music

is that the movie thing? couldnt find anything about metroid on the main page.

Dark Alone

:lol It's not Metroid. It's Watchmen.

The Metroid is on hiatus until after I'm all Watchmened out. :lol

Piney Hills Music

ok, I get it....

Metroid > all

Dark Alone

Well, I'm a man of many passions. :lol

SYL

Here at ESP we've compiled a detailed list to help determine what went wrong with the construction of your guitar.

Please check all that apply.

A: You're dumb.
B: Your dealer isn't serious.
C: Spec sheet is actually a blank sheet of paper.
D: No problems in Japan or Australia, must be your country.
E: All of the above.

In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your guitar. Thanks for keeping people here informed though.

tehshred

Sorry to hear that about your guitar man, from the other stories I've heard on here you're rather lucky!

DyersEve87

. . What would you guys do, have it like it is for now and wait for a new neck or wait till the new neck arrives and then have the guitar complete . . .

Aren't those the exact same things??

nigel211bmw

i haven't seen or accepted the guitar yet, what i meant was shall i accept as it is for now or let them keep it until the neck is changed. . . . . . . I filled in the custom order sheet with my dealer that is in the catalogue that the dealer has and he sent that off to get my quote and then i agreed to it from there, is that not standard practice . . . . . . I wouldn't know cause i had a nightmare finding out how to get a custom done im the first place, i had to ask if anyone new where to go to get one done on this forum

Kannon

For future reference, World Guitars in Gloucester is a great ESP dealer over in the UK. Good pals.

But yeah your dealer sounds really sketchy to me. No Spec sheet, no contact and no specific details. I would march down there at soonest convenience, with a camera, and get the number or email address for ESP Japan's custom shop service people.

I'm sorry about the time difference btw. I usually call Japan around 11PM here in the US East Coast so it's mid-afternoon over there but that of course, doesn't work in the UK.

Best of luck though, sorry to hear you're going through this. :/

HateEvent

Sorry to hear that dude, hope they get it sorted soon as!

Post to Thread