custom shop lawsuit bs

Updated
nightofthelivingshred
i'm sure this has been discussed to death, so if you don't want to answer maybe just point me to a thread that has some answers. i want to order a custom esp but i want the old jackson headstock. now i know you can still get the explorer shape in japan, even though gibson sued esp. but i never see any recent esp's with the jackson headstock. will esp not make that headstock anywhere, not even in japan?
nightofthelivingshred

right, because i'm going to order a custom esp w/ a bolt on, and then swap it out for a warmoth neck. thanks.

hermz

They won't do it. I think the only ones I've seen done recently have come from the Technical House or Craft House in Japan, where you need to order in person and speaka da language.

takesnogutz666

why dont you just get a jackson if you want that headstock so bad. theyre pretty similar to esp anyway.

Dilzdo21

lol just get the jackson, dont they have a custom shop?

MikeC

Dosn't there custom shop take forever though? I've heard of people waiting like 2 years for there custom!
Anyways, if the headstock is an issue then that would be the thing to do. If you're not so worried about the headstock then you could always just get an ESP you may want. Other than that, the only thing I can suggest is a company that can make you you're own custom, like Ran or something..

nightofthelivingshred

i HAVE a jackson. i want an ESP with a JACKSON headstock. :)

Dingbat-Walabi

the esp and jackson headstocks are very similar just that the esp headstock's end point slants up while the Jackson headstock's point slants down

DeathrollJM

the esp and jackson headstocks are very similar just that the esp headstock's end point slants up while the Jackson headstock's point slants down

and the ESP design looks cooler!

Mark K.

Order it with a paddle headstock and do it yourself.

that is actually not a bad idea if you're going to order a bolt on...and you or somebody you know has the machinery and the skills to do it...

chevy Z 302

you know damn well esp would fuck that order up if you asked for a 'paddle headstock'

:lol

xchumfiestax

you know damn well esp would fuck that order up if you asked for a 'paddle headstock'

They would probably drill a bunch of holes in it so you can spank people with it

8o

Mark K.

haha:lol it sounded like a good idea :p

baerman

Why not buy an older ESP Mirage Custom with the Jackson styled headstock and neck thru constuction off of ebay? You could get one for 600-1000 depending on the condition. If you want it in like new condition, have it refinished. That will still cost you a lot less than a custom shop ESP. And from what I hear, a lot quicker.

nightofthelivingshred

Why not buy an older ESP Mirage Custom with the Jackson styled headstock and neck thru constuction off of ebay? You could get one for 600-1000 depending on the condition. If you want it in like new condition, have it refinished. That will still cost you a lot less than a custom shop ESP. And from what I hear, a lot quicker.

this is actually what I'm considering. except I need reverse head, ebony board, no ESP at 12th, infact no inlays at all...so I'm looking, and looking, and looking... :)

HateEvent

That sounds like a good plan, providing the pickup configuration is correct.

You can always take a guitar to a luthier and have a new (blank) fretboard put on the guitar remember.

;)

nightofthelivingshred

i could live with the 12th fret ESP but it wouldn't be perfect. where'd you find that crackle one? i could live with that, replace the pickups and get it painted the color i want. also thanks everyone the feedback in this thread has been interesting.

Sixstringhotshot

I got it from the Music Go Round I worked at for $250. :)

I replaced the pickups because I went to a Fernandes Sustainer and I didn't have the patience to figure out how to make the ESP pickups work with it. The stock pickups are fucking SWEET, though.

If you buy one and paint over anything even remotely as cool as that crackle, I'll find you, man. :|

nightofthelivingshred

man that's a good deal. i'm all for a nice crackle but i'd have to repaint it if i can get my hands on some factory ESP purple. can you take more pictures? does it have round or square side markers?

Post to Thread