KH-3 Spider Eclipse

Updated
Jeff P.

Another run of the KH-3 Spider Eclipse?

ESP 348

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Adric M.

wonder if this is neck through and if it is limited? 

Jesse R.

I can’t wait!!!!!!

Pushead

Yes, neck-through. Not limited. Shops in the US are offering it at $4200.

Jeff P.

Always wanted one for some reason. Probably pass with the $4200 price tag.

clags

What shops are offering $4200?  I put a deposit down with Axe Palace at 4600.

alebtart

In the ESP presents video where Kirk is jamming on the Spider, it seems like its still not  faithful to the original design. I believe you could always order KH-3 from ESP Japan/Custom Shop, as well as it also being more faithful to the original design. 

Also, is it just me or does the spider seem more green?

ESP 348

Spider definitely looks very green, maybe even fluro green lol.

Definitely not faithful to the original design having scalloped frets on it, BB pickups and the fluro green Spider graphic.

Definitely looks very very cool but!

alebtart
ESP 348 wrote:

Spider definitely looks very green, maybe even fluro green lol.

Definitely not faithful to the original design having scalloped frets on it, BB pickups and the fluro green Spider graphic.

Definitely looks very very cool but!

Hmm hadnt realised it had scalloped frets. Just more bummed that it doesn't have the rounder horn and the open book headstock. 

Lluis  A.

What video? I can’t find it

Adric M.

I will gladly keep playing my Bolt on KH3. Would love this one also but need a Ouiji first.

ESP 348

Which Ouija are you chasing man?

Alamodome
alebtart wrote:

In the ESP presents video where Kirk is jamming on the Spider, it seems like its still not  faithful to the original design. I believe you could always order KH-3 from ESP Japan/Custom Shop, as well as it also being more faithful to the original design. 

Also, is it just me or does the spider seem more green?

By chance do you know the process or how to go about ordering directly from ESP JAPAN/Custom Shop, as I understand the Yen price is about $4300 give or take? I do see that this is one offered by them is very very close to the original one. I tried researching on how to purchase one from them but there’s a language barrier on my end. Any help would be appreciated. Big Daddy has recommended Ishibashi Music but not sure if there’s an easier solution direct. Thank you in advance. 

David G.

May give this a miss... Considering I've already got a KH3 NTB, looking for a new home if anyone wants it...PM me

Seems a very odd signature choice to bring back though IMO

alebtart

What's everybody's thoughts? The upgrade to "ebony" doesn't seem quite right 

Breadfan32

I think it’s good ! 

I’m getting the Ltd for sure not sure if it’s going to be worth spending the extra for the ESP.  

Rune J.

It looks quite alright.

Only the already mentioned greenish spider and the "horn" on the guitar that puts me a bit off. I like the original design more, even though it would like the scalloped fretboard and the new emgs

Pushead

Eboy isn't an upgrade. Kirk's original KH3 was ebony. The signature guitars were done in rosewood.

The green spider is also more in line with the original, though it's not quite as green as they made it in this new series of guitars. Also the original wasn't scalloped from 17-24.

These aren't my photos, and I didn't keep who took them in my notes. These were shown at NAMM a few years ago in the ESP Museum. This is Kirk's original (or one of his originals, if he had more) from the 90s. You can tell the spider is greener than the skull, but not quite as green as what's being offered this year.

I think it's still pretty sick, though. I'd play it.

alebtart

I've always wondered if it was ebony or rosewood. I recall there being a whole thread discussing this .
From personally viewing this guitar twice at the ESP Museum in Japan, it seems as though it is ebony. Interestingly, the neck-thru heel scoop seems quite a lot "deeper" with a lot more missing from the back of the upper horn - might just be me 

Would have been great if they released a relic or vintage version for the 30th anniversary, with all the wear and number 13 sticker.

Pushead
alebtart wrote:

I recall there being a whole thread discussing this .

Yeah, I'm sure that's where I grabbed the photos from. A relic version would be awesome, but that would probably put it back into the $12k range.

Brad R.

Hey everyone, The music zoo has preorders available for both models. I just preordered the Ltd this afternoon.

pork loving infidel

i am looking for one but i will pass on this - i dont like the new cutaway (the original shown here in the pics) is so much better and the green spider is just bad... 

Snakebite

I might grab the LTD version.

I dont love the KH3 enough to justify buying the ESP version.

The LTD looks better to me without the chrome KH signature pickups.

Post to Thread