This guy needs to stop (Essex content)

Updated
This guy needs to stop (Essex content)

So.... yhea... this guy did it again!

the Essex guy is selling a normal Edwards explorer (that go new for roughly 1500) with a fake ESP Custom logo and fake elk inlays and saying it’s a rare one-of-a-kind guitar for 2300+ €

WTF!!??? This guy is a fucking asshole!!

Brian6262

I thought I saw that on reverb the other day. I had to squint my eyes and read the post a few times to make sure I was reading it right. Apparently I was. I couldn't believe what I was reading. 

AK

He’s truly mad. I am still laughing at his description on the de-hammettized kh’s, that so many people were asking for kh guitars but without kirk’s name and sig on them 

Mesa Sean

Yeah that guy is so annoying.

Manuel B.

It’s close to a Scam... that explorer is almost a counterfeit.... which is kinda ridiculous because it’s made by ESP, but still it’s deceiving people 

Stephen H.

The guitar was bought off eBay for £950 a month ago. It was listed as an Edwards E-EX-110D, a detail which seems to be missing now that it’s more than doubled in value and become an ESP Custom. Looks like the original owner did the mods and got a decent setup done and included the original bits to return it to stock if the buyer wanted. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ESP-Edward-E-EX-110D-Explorer-Guitar-Japan-Hetfield-Mx250-Shape/333578395347?hash=item4daad25ed3:g:RTAAAOSwwmpemwvD#vi__app-cvip-panel

Manuel B.

Seems like the original owner had the decency to hide the ESP logo. The Essex guy is scamming people into buying what they think it’s a legit ESP, not a lot of people know about Edwards.

imagine a kid who wants a MX but can’t afford the high prices and sees this one for less than half of what they’re listed for and buys a 900€ guitar for 2300€

if this ain’t scamming I don’t know what is.

Stephen H.

Yeah. I had a Grassroots GMX48 which I sold on ebay to a private buyer for £250 a couple of years back. A price which I thought was fair at the time given that I only bought it for £200 a year earlier, put a few upgrades on and there were more than a few dings on the body. It eventually found its way to his website and was on for £999 and I presume it  sold for somewhere around that price.

That guitar was never worth that amount, I bought my brand new LTD Snakebyte  for £1050 around the same time and the Grassroots felt like a toy in comparison. It wasn’t a bad guitar but the quality just wasn’t there for the money being asked. It’s the same with the Edwards, I’d like to own one but I’ve done enough research to know it isn’t a £2000 guitar. But if people are willing to part with those sums without doing the research it’s on them to a degree. Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

Talon

That's the place that bought like, all of the Dave Mustaine guitars that he was selling on Reverb sixish months ago. I don't remember the number, but there were a lot of Dean guitars that Dave owned/used in the studio that were being sold off and this place got all but like two of them. No one else had a chance to buy them. Then, basically admitted they would eventually be flipped.

ESP 348

There's the lad! lol.

Stephen H.

He’s started selling them on Reverb now. There’s one on for £49,999 and a few on for £19,999. You can see what he paid for each one on Dave Mustaine’s Reverb store https://reverb.com/uk/shop/the-official-dave-mustaine-reverb-shop?locale=en-GB&show_only_sold=true&page=1 . I wonder if Dave Mustaine has seen the resale prices.

AK

Truly unbelievable. He is selling a 2000usd guitar for 65000usd and several 1100usd guitars for 25000. He’s really taking the piss. If only Mustaine knew what a jerk this guy is. I wonder if anyone would fall for this charade.

ESP 348

Wow, they are some huge asking prices Stephen.

Nathan M.

I thought I read an article that Mustaine knew about this and even signed some of these for the guy. It's really a shame because it seemed Mustaine wanted these guitars to go to players, not collectors. I have a Rust In Peace VMNT that wasn't even worth the asking price retail....let alone $65,000

Stephen H.

Yeah there were a few articles on Blabbermouth, Guitarworld etc about him buying the guitars and being a super-fan. Looks like a couple of follow up articles are popping up now that they’re up for sale if you google his name. I think he took them to a Megadeth show or an event here in England and met Mustaine to get them signed. 

ProfessorExp

Now he's got an Olympic White LTD EXP-200 for $1,827 (converted to USD I believe?). Dude WTF. I bought mine for like $550 maybe 5 years ago lol. And mine is a '97 which were MIJ mahogany and his is a '98 Korean alder body. I also have a black '98 and they feel like night and day, so much so that I thought one of them was fake. I've been offered $1,000 for the white one but almost $2,000?! Come on, man. 

https://reverb.com/item/34021776-esp-ltd-exp-200-explorer-1998-olympic-white-james-hetfield-mx-220-eet-fuk-metallica-emg-81-gotoh

Manuel B.

Man... you don’t understand..... it has the super official decals for EET FUK and the middle finger inlays.... thatnalone is worth 1000++

ProfessorExp

That makes it "Custom" right? 

Post to Thread