Here is why we never got a Gibson Iron Cross (James's explanation & slight dig at Kirk :P)

Updated
Here is why we never got a Gibson Iron Cross (James's explanation & slight dig at Kirk :P)

For us fanboys...thanks to Ghost for sending this to me. You probably know him on IG as he's a big time collector and fanboy like me of all that is Metallica.

Anyway before James nuked his Instagram account for being too addicted to social media, he responded to a comment about a Gibson Iron Cross. This was years ago before his IG account blew up with followers. Fascinating to hear it from the man himself...and the funny lil dig at Kirk  

This was him and not a Photoshop as he had the verified checkmark later on, but before he gained a ton of followers he used to like and respond to fans etc.

ESP 348

I was there July last year, they have amazing guitars in stock, in all shops, at all times.

Mesa Sean

I just messaged a shop about the Navigator Iron Cross and it's about 5 grand for one of these: https://espguitars.co.jp/navigator/nlpctm.html

and take about a year to make.

The shops English was not so great so I could not tell if they could or could not order the Iron Cross version.

I did some research and I never realized Navigator guitars were top notch. Supposedly if you bought a Navi LPC version a Gibson LPC.... the Navi would blow it away in terms of it's build, woods, quality etc. Take that with a grain of salt of course. I read it on the internet so it must be true!  

Pushead

To resize an image, just right click on the image and select "copy image location."

Then just go to a new post and select the insert image button. Paste the image location into the URL section. Click in the preview section. After you do that, you'll see the size dialog box appear under the URL. Just select XL.

Pinian

Your currency conversion is off. It's more like 5 thousand USD.

Mesa Sean

Yeah I forgot the "5" in my last post.

Update Mattsmusic for back to me.

This is indeed legit and he sold it to a private client a while back. Waiting to see if he can tell me how much:

Mesa Sean

Ok he got back to me again. He sold it for $30,000. 

Now is it worth it for $30,000 or Mr. Man from Turkery wanting $30,000 for an MX-220? I think I'd take the Iron Cross Proto.  

ESP 348

He sold one of the Gibson IC prototypes for US $30K

ProfessorExp

I would've just liked to have seen a black LTD IC. I ended up making my own out of an EC-256 I had laying around.

https://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963222/posts/2158880-the-ltd-that-never-comes

Mesa Sean

ProfessorExp that does look pretty bad ass.

How do you like those pickups in it? The EMG 57/66 pickups...are they active pickups? (I never had them and no nothing about them) do they sound more active or do they sound more passive? I know weird question. I normally like one or the other and I think the Het set is overrated. I only have them in my Truckster as they came with them, but prefer 60/81's still. BUT love my Gibsom custom shop burst buckers.

ProfessorExp

To be honest I really can’t tell the difference. I have these, Het Sets, 81s... They all sound the same to me lol. 

Mesa Sean

ProfessorExp but they do take batteries right? Sorry I am so new to all the different products from them as I’ve been using the same set up for so long LOL

ProfessorExp

Yeah, they're active pickups.

Mesa Sean

Thanks dude. 

Post to Thread