The Black Ouija

Updated
The Black Ouija

I was encouraged by several friends of mine to share my guitar with everyone.

Short story: I turned a LTD Black Metal into the one and only Black Ouija. I had missed all the Ouijas before, so I wanted to make my own and make it even more shadowy and menacing. I put this together before the recent red and purple sparkles were released.

I know technically it isn't a signature model, YET, but I and everyone who has seen it thinks it should be! I put this together before the recent red and purple sparkles were released. 

Last Halloween, I did @kirkhammett  with a picture of the guitar on my Instagram page, but I knew I wouldn't get a reply, hahaah! Anyway, I'd love to make this my official submission to ESP/LTD to gather support to make this a production guitar! 

Please let me know your opinion of this guitar and if you'd like to see more  

Thanks everyone! 

Leonardo 

ESP 348

Man, that looks awesome! PLEASE don't give ESP anymore ideas about making more Ouija guitars! These guitars are sending me broke lol.

I will wait for PUS to enlarge these pics for us so I can take a better look.

Are those real inlays or stickers man?

Please tell us more on how you put it all together man.

Cheers and talk soon.

Leonardo B.

Thanks for the reply! I had the idea for a few months and, so when I saw the LTD Black Metal, I knew it was perfect. So, I removed the logo and the TRC (I'm going to make a 90's shape one soon to replace the current shape, which I find a bit...boring?) I left the stock Floyd. I routed out a cavity for a neck pickup, and drilled a hole for the wires and I drilled a hole for the switch. The pickups are a set of EMG 81 in brushed black. All the graphics are stickers. I decided to put the moons and stars facing down to make it more similar to the original and also make it a bit more ominous. Two starts at the 24th fret. I applied the alphabet letters to the pickups to complete the look. The body graphic was a total pain to put on! Haha! So as it is a sticker, the texture is noticeable, but thats ok. It's been played at about 5 shows since then and it's holding up ok. 

Pushead

Leonardo B.

Wow, thanks! 

ESPEXP

Looks pretty cool man! Definitely don’t give ESP anymore ideas!! 

RaulTx

Very cool idea! It looks stunning!

Henrik S.

That looks really good.

ESP 348

Thanks for sharing how you put it all together Leonardo. Definitely awesome.

And thanks for the big pics Pus!

tx-ogre

Looks sharp.  Well done.

Guiguitarz

I love the concept man ! Don't stop making new guitars ! Let your inspiration talks !

Keep rockin !

-G.

ProfessorExp

That's a really cool mod. Looks great!

Strangely enough I was just playing my satin black Hetfield Vulture the other day and thinking it might look cool with gloss black flames similar to his old green/red flame V's from the 90's. 

Leonardo B.

That would look really cool! Do it, man! 

Metalbebby666

COOL WORK DUDE!!

I might have to do this one day myself!!!!!!!

RH

Gotta say I think this is the coolest ouija guitar out there! 

Leonardo B.

Thanks! I think yeah it's a spooky new take on it  

Splinter288

Man that looks cool. Nice work. The moons pointed that way and the coloring of the pickups are great touches

Leonardo B.

Thank you, yeah I especially wanted to make the moons open down, the stars point down too, etc. I just think it's a nice little touch  

And yeah, I love that EMG makes the pickups like that. 

FlameToBlack

It looks so COOL!!! Thank you for sharing!

Leonardo B.

Thanks, mang! 

Mesa Sean

Wow! Looks killer! 

Leonardo B.

Thanks so much! I digg it

Post to Thread