New Hetfield Signatures?

Updated
New Hetfield Signatures?

I just joined and missed the potential new arrivals for 2020's first two emails. Did they release any info on the Camo Snakebyte and Natural Finish Vulture? If theyre even going to be made available to the public?

Larry L.

@Guitarahollica Welcome to the forums!

As far as the Hetfield Sigs are concerned I don't think they have plans to make either a production line model. The camo snakebyte uses a specific pattern from a hunting company that allowed James to use their signature pattern  (https://www.kuiu.com/) and I would suspect ESP would not want to pay per unit to license this finish.  They've actually removed the camo snakebyte from the custom shop gallery page probably sometime last year.

The natural Vulture was merely a prototype of James's first run of the signature series vulture and never saw paint as it wasn't ready for prime time. It wasn't meant to be a natural finish, but the satin that you see today. That's why there is no coating or gloss on it, it's unfinished. Hope this helps!

Did someone share this information with you or is it just wishful thinking? 

Metalus Maximus

Larry L. Thank you for the welcome. I remember reading about that, so I guess it'll go down like his burned elk skull explorer. Oh well, if esp doesnt want my money, I'll give it to the chinese. 

Metalus Maximus

Larry L. It was wishful thinking. 

AK

I am praying for his camo vulture. Damn what a beauty!

Larry L.

Man, me too, but I think that is also doubtful. Apparently a friend of his, assuming it's an ex-military buddy or local hunter, painted it for him.

Metalus Maximus

I love the Vulture and a lot of reviewers have very positive things to say about it but I dont want another black satin-finished guitar. I have an explorer that i made to look like his Rusty from St. Anger and theres a shiny part where my wrist rests. I had it refinished and almost immediately it came back. 

skintera
Metalus Maximus wrote:

I love the Vulture and a lot of reviewers have very positive things to say about it but I dont want another black satin-finished guitar. I have an explorer that i made to look like his Rusty from St. Anger and theres a shiny part where my wrist rests. I had it refinished and almost immediately it came back. 

Hey Guitarahollica!  Can you post a photo of your Rusty-inspired Explorer!?  I'm a huge fan of that particular custom, and had done a twist on that on an '93 Gibson Explorer I have as well.... and in general love to see others takes on Rusty (sorry are we allowed to do that here in the ESP forum? :-))

Metalus Maximus
skintera wrote:

Hey Guitarahollica!  Can you post a photo of your Rusty-inspired Explorer!?  I'm a huge fan of that particular custom, and had done a twist on that on an '93 Gibson Explorer I have as well.... and in general love to see others takes on Rusty (sorry are we allowed to do that here in the ESP forum? :-))

Sorry, I didn’t receive the notification. Here is my Rusty 

Jeff P.
AK wrote:

I am praying for his camo vulture. Damn what a beauty!

James looks like the cowardly lion in this pic.  Must be something with back on the sauce so to speak.  James will never look right with anything other than an "explorer" shape guitar.

Post to Thread